Temp problems with 27' Advantage Victory

Notices

Temp problems with 27' Advantage Victory

Old 06-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Tib
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp problems with 27' Advantage Victory

I posted this on the Advantage section but not reply yet..... I'm having an issue with a 27' Victory and I was hoping this forum would help me with? First the power is a 496mag with XR drive upper but IMCO shorty lower. Cruising around 3000rpm the boat does great but anything higher (rpm) and the engine temp goes up.... I'm wondering if any of you Advantage guys have had this problem when running the shorty on your boats? It currently does not have a spacer and I am not famillier withe X-demision on this boat. I'm thinking the pickup on the shorty may be picking up more air as the boat comes more out of the water at higher speeds? I have rebuilt the sea water pump with the kit from JC Marine and have plenty of water flow going into the boat but not sure what happens after that? I am going to install a water pressure gauge this week. I have seen the post about the check balls and the coolent being dirty in the closed cooling system and they are next on the list, but I think it has something to do with the shorty. Any ideas would be great......
Old 06-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I had a 27 Victory with a 2" shorty and never had any overheating issues associated with it. I did have some overheating, but it was because of pieces of the impeller stuck in the oil cooler blocking the water flow. I had to remove the cooler and poke the pieces out with a stiff piece of wire.