Noise at Higher RPM's..... Details inside

Notices

Noise at Higher RPM's..... Details inside

Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise at Higher RPM's..... Details inside

Okay,

So my question is this.... Been running the Bullet and most days I'll run at 3500rpm's and cruise. Every so often I'll bring it to 4300 to 4500rpm. If I stay at 4300 to 4500 for ~10 minutes, I start hearing a noise every 15 to 20 seconds. It sounds like an air noise and will go "psst" once at the 15 to 20 second interval. If I drop back down below 4k, it goes away. Nothing on the gauges are reading off. Heres what I was thinking after someone brought it up. It only comes from the right side and a friend asked if I had silent choice. He thought it could be air coming from the silent choice when I'm running harder and the compressor kicking in for a second to refill the pressure lines. It sounded logical since the compressor is on the right side as well and to keep the silent choice open, it has to be pressurized. I wish it was opposite and that no pressure kept the valves open. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any insight? I don't ever used the silent choice and thinking about getting rid of it.