Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1998 Mercury 250 EFI Factory Shop Manual

Anybody have this manual? I could sure use it. Thanks, Andy
Old 06-26-2014, 09:38 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I have it and most outboard manuals. Post your engine serial # and I will pull out the correct SM for your app.

I am selling all my outboard service manuals if anyone is interested. I have sold about 40 % of them already so let me know what you need and I can check. All Yamaha manuals are gone. Have a bunch of OMC, Merc, Mariner, and Force still left. All are OEM factory service manuals NOT aftermarket stuff.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a website where you can buy them for $5. Let me see if I can find it. No Joke. I bought the 900 page shop manual for my Opti 225 a few months ago. It is the real deal....
Old 06-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

Ok, found the website. Not sure if they have one for your model, but worth a look....

http://www.servicemanualvault.com/
Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
BUP
Banned

That's a great deal.. For me I always liked the book form better because you can take it with you anywhere even on the boat ride and read it a lot easier in direct sun light.

You could always print off your pages from the online version but by the time you spend for paper and printing ink and your time why bother. Its cheaper to buy the manual especially used. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I have it and most outboard manuals. Post your engine serial # and I will pull out the correct SM for your app.

I am selling all my outboard service manuals if anyone is interested. I have sold about 40 % of them already so let me know what you need and I can check. All Yamaha manuals are gone. Have a bunch of OMC, Merc, Mariner, and Force still left. All are OEM factory service manuals NOT aftermarket stuff.
OK Here are the serial nos. : OG742740, OG724889.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 PM
BUP
Banned

I have it, there is 640 pages total. Outside top edges of pages has some mold from the humidity its just the outside edges not any internally on the pages. if you want it 40 bucks shipped to your door. Can ship it tomorrow if needed. If you want next day or 2 day shipping, will be extra cost. Pay me after you get, if you want. if you do not want it let me know as well so I can sell to the next guy. THX good luck.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I have it, there is 640 pages total. Outside top edges of pages has some mold from the humidity its just the outside edges not any internally on the pages. if you want it 40 bucks shipped to your door. Can ship it tomorrow if needed. If you want next day or 2 day shipping, will be extra cost. Pay me after you get, if you want. if you do not want it let me know as well so I can sell to the next guy. THX good luck.
Tried to PM you but your box is full.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Sorry had no idea about that, always forget about those PM. You can call or text as well. 817-658-7721
Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
That's a great deal.. For me I always liked the book form better because you can take it with you anywhere even on the boat ride and read it a lot easier in direct sun light.

You could always print off your pages from the online version but by the time you spend for paper and printing ink and your time why bother. Its cheaper to buy the manual especially used. Just my 2 cents.
A ream of paper is less than $10.00. Put it in a 3 ring binder... I printed mine on both sides of paper and bought a binder at the dollar store. Full shop manual for under $20.00..... I have a hard time reading stuff on the PC, even though I am in IT. I pretty much print everything. So the first thing I did was printed mine to keep in the garage.

Plus those manuals are in Adobe PDF format, which can be saved on a smartphone, tablet, laptop, iPad, etc. doesn't get much more mobile than that... And if if spill something on one of the pages of my printed manual or tear it, etc... I can just print a new copy of that page. Even easier than that, if there is a specific section or part I am working on, I can reprint that section and take it with me to the boat. Then there is always the chance your manual could get misplaced, lost, loaned to someone and never returned... Having a electronic copy assures, you always have your manual even if it physically got lost, you can always dig it up out of your email, flash drive, etc. the only downfall that I can see so far is the binder does take up a little more space than a professionally printed manual, but that's pretty minor.... Just sayin.......

Last edited by low_psi; 06-27-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.