Thru hull tip internal flapper broke

Notices

Thru hull tip internal flapper broke

Old 07-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thru hull tip internal flapper broke

I have a '93 Baja with Captain's Call, straight cut stainless steel tips with internal flappers and Salsbury flappers on the outside. On one of the tips, the top flapper with the counter weight to keep it closed has the counterweight part broke off. The flapper does not close now. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part or do I need to replace the entire tip?
Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered

Same exact thing happened to me. I believe they are corsa tips and have heard they have a lifetime warranty. I havent looked into it yet. As long as you dont come off plane too quickly you should be ok if your externals are not worn and close properly.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Thanks. I thought they might be Corsa. I wonder what the chances are for the warranty. I think I will contact them and see what they say. I am really not worried about water intrusion. The rubber flappers are in good shape and I always leave the rpms up a little when I come off plane. I would just like them to be right and in good working order like everything else on the boat.