TRS transmission problems >

TRS transmission problems

Notices

TRS transmission problems

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRS transmission problems

I have a Cafe Racer with a TRS drive and transmission. I took boat to a reputable mechanic because I was loosing a small amount of Type F transmission fluid in tranny. He pulled drive, motor, and tranny. Pressure tested transmission cooler, rear tail seal good, front seal had small leak, 1 clutch disc bad. Replaced pump. Replaced parts and reassembled. Boat ran fine for one day. Second day I was pulling out of dock and the motor revved up to 4,000 rpm. Transmission acted as if it was in nuetral and made a friction type noise. Boat will not move. What came apart??
Old 07-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

don't mean to sound flippant, but the reputable mechanic's work is what came apart. obviously the tranny has to come back out. unless it is a drive issue, which is unlikely. whenever you (or anyone) do something and something else goes wrong, it is virtually always something you just did. I am not saying he is a crook or a chump, if you fix stuff for a living and nothing ever goes wrong you are just plain lucky. good isn't good enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure is full of fluid, but sounds like forward clutch pack failed, could have cut the piston seal assembling it and now has lost the pressure to clutch pack to apply the clutches...the noise you describe is weird, need to listen where it's coming from, but need to have the guy who just worked on it look at it asap...