8.1 oil bypass valve >

8.1 oil bypass valve

Notices

8.1 oil bypass valve

Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.1 oil bypass valve

I know this has been asked several times before. I am running an 8.1 volvo remote oil cooler/filter setup on my 8.1. Inlet and outlet are tapped into the lower block rail. This setup differs from merc as the adapter on the block filter boss is a cap only versus merc adapter being tapped for hoses. Which location should the oil bypass valve be fitted, the center or offset? It came stock I'm the center as for a truck application which uses a filter in the current adapter location and cooler only from the block fittings. I am using the block rail only fittings for the cooler and filter.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

The 8.1 oil bypass valve is the block. Use the same one as all the other high performance bypass valves = 30 PSI

When you take the adapter off the block (normal oil filter location) it is right there.

Why would you run (two)
Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am only going to use the one 30lb valve. I am being told because the volvo uses a cap only without the hoses tapped for the cooler, the valve should be in the offset location. The merc cooler hoses are tapped into the cap so the valve should be in the center location and to block off the offset location.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this inside the oil pan?

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
The 8.1 oil bypass valve is the block. Use the same one as all the other high performance bypass valves = 30 PSI

When you take the adapter off the block (normal oil filter location) it is right there.

Why would you run (two)