Replacing MEFI1 with ? >

Replacing MEFI1 with ?

Notices

Replacing MEFI1 with ?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing MEFI1 with ?

Considering replacing my MEFI 1 computer on my Procharged 502 mag. I would like to keep my stock intake and am in the process of upgrading my injectors. Anyone out there done the same thing and how did it work out for you?

At this point I am cosidering the Holley EFI set-up. I believe it will plug into my stock connectors? Any other systems out there I should look at?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I think ur on it, a bud of mine is going from 4b's to self learning Holley
Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Registered

I did the Holley HP EFI from Haxby Speed this year. Getting the idle set correctly has been a bit tricky but it sure is a slick system.

Alex has been very helpful and has the best price i could find.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eddie Young can steer you in the right direction.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Talk to Alex, great customer service and a competitive price, he really knows his stuff. You won't regret going to a Holley EFi, although be aware that they can eat O2 sensors for a living, depending on the setup.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarron
Talk to Alex, great customer service and a competitive price, he really knows his stuff. You won't regret going to a Holley EFi, although be aware that they can eat O2 sensors for a living, depending on the setup.
I have had great luck running an O2 sensor in the collector of my Lightning Header
Old 07-16-2014, 06:17 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the Holley HP on my Harley Sport Fish about 18 months ago (502s Aluminum heads, stainless marine manifold, short risers, Marine Kenetics cam) At first, port motor was eating o2 sensors every 15 hours. Alex Haxby suggested that I retard the timing in the idle area to raise the idle EGT. So far so good. I think I have about 35 hours on the current sensor with no issues. Starboard engine has never ruined a o2 sensor with 100 hours total time.

Overall I am very happy with Holley HP. Relative easy to tune for a rookie like me, and Alex Haxby can guide you quickly through any issues.

I used the MEFI Burn software previously, and it wasn't for me. I didn't have the patience for it. Just too clunky for me to use. I'm sure there are many here that would be successful with it. Just not me.

Last edited by Steve H; 07-16-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

I too have the Holley system. I've had my o2 sensor in there for a month now with no problems.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by launchpad475
I too have the Holley system. I've had my o2 sensor in there for a month now with no problems.
I am running the alloy Keith Eikert headers with dry tailpipes and the bung is a good 18" away from any water, but the boat is kept in the water all the time in a marina and I think corrosion from the salt atmosphere is my problem. I am just about to fit my third O2 sensor in [the boat has been on its mooring for a year]. With this one I am thinking of unscrewing the sensor while I am away from the boat to see if that helps.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarron
I am running the alloy Keith Eikert headers with dry tailpipes and the bung is a good 18" away from any water, but the boat is kept in the water all the time in a marina and I think corrosion from the salt atmosphere is my problem. I am just about to fit my third O2 sensor in [the boat has been on its mooring for a year]. With this one I am thinking of unscrewing the sensor while I am away from the boat to see if that helps.
might want to give one of these a try... (make sure you clock it correctly) it keeps the sensor out of the direct path of water... you might be right tho in that the salt atmosphere in general might be rough on the sensors

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...8&cat=0&page=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.