Notices

Lane423

Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane423

Last thread got deleted because of name calling??? Whatever?? The facts. Sent Travis Evans 3244 Rt. 26 Glen Aubrey NY 13777 a pair of 23p Mirage L+R props. $280 for the pair $30 shipping. July 4 weekend fast approaching. Talk on the phone, oh me, oh my can you overnight them please! please! please! I send wifee poo across the border 45 min one way and she tells me overnight shipping is $380. I phone the guy who I'm not allowed to call names?? He says nope, just fast ground ship them. I do, extra $30, yes $30, that's it for additional shipping, chump change. Days go by, I see props delivered, I text him(the guy I can't call names) for the shipping upswing. He tells me to pound salt which annoys me as my doctor tells me when I get annoyed my blood pressure goes up and to quit using salt. Moral of the story, Is $30 worth getting your name pulled through the mud. Us boaters are a tight knit bunch. Do you think anyone will trust you Travis? It was just $30, as I said chump change. In life your word is your word, well to most of us. Keep the money this isn't about it.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

it seems like a lot of people dont want to do the right thing lately.i will not ship anything until full payment is in my account.i agree with you,a person has nothing without honesty!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

Guys like that ruin it for everyone. Recently bought something, paid, said he'd forward me shipping charges once it went out. Told me shipping, sent him the additional. Now why cant everyone just be a class act around here.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get tired of hearing this same story.... WTF is wrong with the human race as a whole? I bought a prop not to long ago off of a Facebook page. The guy didn't have Paypal, so he shipped me the prop and told me once I receive it to just send him a check. I was blown away by this because I wouldn't trust anyone to pay me once they received the purchase. But he was a man of his work, he sent me the prop. I wasn't able to send his check out the same day or the day after (due to a busy schedule). However I stayed in contact with him each day and as soon as I was able to send him the check, I did. I don't know how some of these guys sleep at night....
Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
I get tired of hearing this same story.... WTF is wrong with the human race as a whole? I bought a prop not to long ago off of a Facebook page. The guy didn't have Paypal, so he shipped me the prop and told me once I receive it to just send him a check. I was blown away by this because I wouldn't trust anyone to pay me once they received the purchase. But he was a man of his work, he sent me the prop. I wasn't able to send his check out the same day or the day after (due to a busy schedule). However I stayed in contact with him each day and as soon as I was able to send him the check, I did. I don't know how some of these guys sleep at night....
Just had the same thing as you. I'm putting togeather a 24' Skater project. A guy on another site hears I need 2 steering pins $200 plus. He sends them to me before I have paid him. Not only am I going to send his $$$ but a little extra for some beerz. Thanx Brett AKA 2scoops
Old 07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I've sent large $$$ with out being paid on the fact of we are all boaters and I hope we can be there for one another. I've been burned and it will probably happen again but I'm here to help and I've received help when needed. I've given away parts and paid the frieght just paying it foward to those who have done for me and I will continue to. But a deal is a deal. You agree to pay you better pay if not at some point you will either by floating atop of rocks because no one will tow you or left out in the cold due to parts bedded that people won't sell you and I've done this before
Old 07-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
I've sent large $$$ with out being paid on the fact of we are all boaters and I hope we can be there for one another. I've been burned and it will probably happen again but I'm here to help and I've received help when needed. I've given away parts and paid the frieght just paying it foward to those who have done for me and I will continue to. But a deal is a deal. You agree to pay you better pay if not at some point you will either by floating atop of rocks because no one will tow you or left out in the cold due to parts bedded that people won't sell you and I've done this before
I can vouch for the above ^^^^^^^.

SS sent me a prop at no charge and even covered shipping. He would not take payment for any reason. I offered to donate to his favorite charity and still denied! He told me to take the $$ and take the wife out for dinner. That's a CLASS ACT.

Hey SS, by the way the prop proved to be too tall for me. Want it back or should I pass on to the next guy?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Your call do what you wish sell scrap or save
Old 07-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

There are good people. TwoKs sold me a Bravo One prop and shipped it before he received my check. I didn't ask him to....he just did it.

Padraig