Marine Machine Hardware >

Marine Machine Hardware

Notices

Marine Machine Hardware

Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine Machine Hardware

I figure I'll tell my story. I was out this past weekend and pulling up to the fuel dock. Put the starboard drive in reverse and port in forward to spin us parallel. As I move both drives back to neutral, the starboard goes limp. Loose shifter. I figured something just came loose. Had to shut down so the boat wouldn't keep moving so of course my power steering in on the motor so I docked with no power steering and one drive.. No big deal, just frustrating. I pulled the shifters out and these 2 little bolts fell out and the plate that holds the cable came off. So no ability to pull the actual cable. I recovered one bolt that fell behind the dash and had to use one of the glove box bolts that had the same thread pattern. Im trying to find the machine marine hardware, but there site isn't very user friendly and I couldn't find a phone number. I wanted to ask if anyone knows a contact number for them before I just head to the hardware store and get some hardware. Its probably better if I did that anyway because there is no nut or lock washer to stop these from coming loose.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get the SS screw that you need then red loctite it. Works great.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Loctite is definitely going on. The left shifter was getting loose too. It was an interesting day to say the least. Right after that the fuel boy translated me telling him to put $100 in each tank to 100 gallons... Spend more than I was planning and didn't want more than that because it was 89 and I like to run 93. Not that 89 will hurt a stock 502, but still.. Im a little picky
Old 07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

Send them an email they are very quick to respond. MM closed their doors about 3 years ago, but still service a lot of their hardware.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

This was the only email I could find so I sent them a message

[email protected]