csm with vinylester >

csm with vinylester

Notices

csm with vinylester

Old 07-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default csm with vinylester

Im planning a complete rebuild for this winter which will include new stringers, deck integrated bracket etc., And I will be using vinylester exclusively.

I know that csm must be used between fabric layers when laminating with polyester, and that it is not necessary with an epoxy layup. My question is as to whether or not csm is necessary between fabric layers for bond and shear strength when using vinylester resin.

considering the total amount of material that will go into this project, if the csm is not needed I could save a lot of weight by eliminating it if it will provide no structural advantage.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sickboy
Im planning a complete rebuild for this winter which will include new stringers, deck integrated bracket etc., And I will be using vinylester exclusively.

I know that csm must be used between fabric layers when laminating with polyester, and that it is not necessary with an epoxy layup. My question is as to whether or not csm is necessary between fabric layers for bond and shear strength when using vinylester resin.

considering the total amount of material that will go into this project, if the csm is not needed I could save a lot of weight by eliminating it if it will provide no structural advantage.
all you really need is 1708 biaxial fabric with the mat sewn into the fabric..just use core bond to glue in the stringers then take a wood stick and make a nice curve and wipe out the access material then follow with the fabric and vinelester resin then squeege out the access..2 layers of this is enough to hopd up the empire state building..then get a roll of 6 '' tabbing anf finish off with tabbing the stringers..yhe top one here.. mat face goes down..http://www.uscomposites.com/specialty.html
Old 07-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what im trying to figure out is if I really even need 1708 or if I can just use 1700. I cant seem to find anything definitive either way.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sickboy
what im trying to figure out is if I really even need 1708 or if I can just use 1700. I cant seem to find anything definitive either way.
1700 is for epoxy.. you need to use 1708,its strong chit..