Cigarette 20 Update >

Cigarette 20 Update

Notices

Cigarette 20 Update

Old 08-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette 20 Update

Purchased a 1975 Cigarette 20 last September and did some recent cosmetic updates. Boat came with updated power 1996 350 MercCruiser EFI / MPI 300 HP Bravo 1 and Quicksilver controls only 254 hours on powertrain. I had all the chrome accessories re-chromed and repaired the gelcoat on the floor where the original foot pedal throttle was located. Had to repair a small divot in the floor. Professionally repaired and it came out really nice. Installed new helm and tilt steering wheel which really made for an excellent update. Now I am trying to located four speaker grills 6x10 rectangle shape. Everything today in round. Does any know where I can find some? This fall my plan is to update all the gages and add GPS speedometer. Boat runs great and very pleased with the performance.

Just need some help on locating the speaker grills that are in need to be replaced. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

George
Old 08-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-MARINE-SPE...#ht_1179wt_805

these might work
Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Kicker makes a square sub called a Solo-Baric. They come in 8, 10 and 12. Maybe a cover for the 8 or 10 might work? I know its not 6x10, but might be better than nothing .

Here is an example of a cover for a 10.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/K...4-RW10SQ-GRILL
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

33outlawsst

Thank you for your reply. They have (3) available and I will need (4). I will keep the address and check from time to time to see if a 4th one becomes available. It is nice to see that something is available in a rectangle. I'll measure my opening again to see if these would work. I see the corners are rounded and want to be sure the opening will be covered completely

Take care
George
Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

Jadento,

My opening is 5x9. The 10 looks to be a little big and 8 may be a little shy. Thank you for the reply. Will need to see what if any other options are available. These updates can be a little challenging.

Take Care
George
Old 03-24-2022, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

I know its an old thread, but sounds like a boat I knew of as a kid. gdimas, any chance you have any pics of it?