Aluminum Head Exchange to Steel Head >

Aluminum Head Exchange to Steel Head

Notices

Aluminum Head Exchange to Steel Head

Old 09-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aluminum Head Exchange to Steel Head

So Im thinking about replacing my aluminum Edelbrock cylinder heads with steel ones. These are the 61559 rectangular port heads that had port matching and slight port work done. What would be an economical steel head that will perform equally with these heads? Im thinking about switching valve and all over from one set to next but im being told valve stems are different sizes because of the aluminum head... How should I proceed????

Thanks anthony
Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Just curious why you would want to do that ?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Why would you wanna do that? Id trade you my fresh 088s off hp 500s if they're not junk!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

A set of Dart 308 Iron eagles, will outperform those Edelbrocks, and relatively affordable.

You may be able to swap your valves to the darts, not sure on the valve sizes you have. If they are the Car version of the Edelbrocks, should be a 2.19 intake, marine versions had 2.25 I believe. But, you may be better off selling your heads complete, and getting all new stuff with the new heads.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
A set of Dart 308 Iron eagles, will outperform those Edelbrocks, and relatively affordable.

You may be able to swap your valves to the darts, not sure on the valve sizes you have. If they are the Car version of the Edelbrocks, should be a 2.19 intake, marine versions had 2.25 I believe. But, you may be better off selling your heads complete, and getting all new stuff with the new heads.
What MT said, and then you could make sure that you have inconel exhaust valves and the correct valve springs for the cam you are running.

Sounds like he may have a corrosion issue based on his other thread, hence the desire to swap to cast iron.