Beware 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay

Notices

Beware 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay

Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay

Kicked off the shopping for my next boat recently and came across a boat in Rochester, NY that was a 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay. The seller seemed to disclose some of the rougher items on the boat which at first were no big deal saying it was a theft recovery that they had found and put back together. When I ran the HIN to check the title history is when things went south. NYS had cut a registration on the boat BUT there was no title with that HIN and the registration "looked weird" according to the DMV. The seller mentioned the boat was a theft recovery but when digging deeper it was found that it the boat had been totalled by an insurance company in Florida back in December 2013. What was more strange is that when I ran the HIN against the FL DMV it showed the boat got a clean title issued a month or two after it had been totalled. Needless to say I would take caution when dealing with this guy on eBay (he has a few more boats for sale on ebay and craigslist). I lost the auction (thankfully) and didn't pursue the second chance he gave me. I also noticed that the boat came back up on eBay which seems to have been pulled but had an updated description that now menionted it was bought from an insurance company. I would hate to see a fellow OSOer get screwed over. PM me if you have any question. Below is a pic of the boat for sale on eBay and when it was auctioned by SalvageBid.com
Attached Thumbnails Beware 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay-unnamed.jpg   Beware 2006 35 Fountain Lightning on eBay-2006-35-fountain.jpg