Notices

Enginedirect.com

Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enginedirect.com

I bought a 525 from another OSO member and arranged shipping through enginedirect.com. Thought I read something good about them in the OSO forum, but...here's what happened-
OSO seller offered to take the engine, crated and ready to go, to the terminal to save me lift gate charges (thanks Bill!). But upon arrival, the shipping company told him they wouldn't take the fork lift out to lift the engine from the pick-up truck. This is the first lost day, a Monday)
Tuesday, enginedirect.com sends a guy out to pick up the motor. Guy shows up without a lift gate. Fortunely, Bill has a Bobcat and lifts the motor onto the truck. It's Tuesday and enginedirect has promised three day delivery to my marina. Engine will be there Friday.
Enginedirect provides a tracking number, but it doesn't work. I call them, they confirm the delivery will be Friday and they are "working on correcting the IT issue" for me to track the shipment.
Friday - no engine at the marina. It'll be there Monday (two more days lost) as per my phone call becuase the IT issue is still an issue.
Monday I call enginedirect and now they tell me it'll be Wednesday. I'm not happy! They work some magic - it'll be there Tuesday.
(another day lost)
Tuesday, no engine. Call enginedirect and I'm told the guy came but it was after hours. "Sorry, be there Wednesday morning."
Wednesday, call enginedirect. The delivery will be there between 11 and 1 local.
Wednesday at 2:30 - call enginedirect. No engine. They tell me it's in the local area and should be dropped off any time now.
Wednesday at 3:30. My marina calls me. The driver won't drive into the marina becuase of "trees on the side of the road that might scratch his truck." My marina drives their forklift two blocks to get the engine off the truck. The truckdriver tells my mechanic that the guy from Tuesday got lost so he had to bring it today (Wed). Any lies here so far?
Bottom line, it took the efforts of the seller and my marina to get the engine on the truck and off the truck. I was lied to repeatedly and the "three day delivery" took eight days.
Just my story - hope it works out better for everybody else.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks. I had an engine I purchased this summer shipped to me through enginedirect. Took 3 days from seller to me. I have an easy building to get a truck around and a forklift so it was a simple drop off. I do remember the tracking number never working through UPS freight's website like it was supposed to.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Sounds like a bunchabaolney to me!!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like they needed to fill the truck before sending it empty with just a quarter or half load , them trucks need to be full sucks though
Old 09-18-2014, 02:26 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Murphys Law #5002:

When you need something by a certain date, and the shipping is said to arrive on that date, you will go thru hell to get it long after that date.

When you are not in need of something for a while, it will show up on, or before, when you are told you will get it. Long before, you actually need it.

Murphy strikes again.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have used them twice and they were on time both times
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 513 Likes on 305 Posts

Is that link the correct site for them?
Old 09-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Registered

They come up as engineshipping.com on a search, but their email once you establish contact is enginedirectshipping.com
Thanks for drawing that to my attention. I'm still seeing red I guess.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
Murphys Law #5002:

When you need something by a certain date, and the shipping is said to arrive on that date, you will go thru hell to get it long after that date.

When you are not in need of something for a while, it will show up on, or before, when you are told you will get it. Long before, you actually need it.

Murphy strikes again.
I thought I was the only one who had that problem