Looking to set up a back-up bullet for the chamber >

Looking to set up a back-up bullet for the chamber

Notices

Looking to set up a back-up bullet for the chamber

Old 12-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking to set up a back-up bullet for the chamber

I have a good, standard bore Gen VI 454 block that was a warranty exchange. I've had this thing sitting around for a couple of years with the intention of building a stock or near stock motor as a "spare bullet" in case mine goes kaboom, or if I ever sell the boat. It has the cast stuff in it right now, and the wrist pins are tight, so probably needs pistons. Was wondering if anyone has a low hour set of Mag pistons and rods, maybe even a full reciprocating assembly that they want to unload? Trying to slap something together on the cheap, because like I said, it is strictly a backup. Might just drop a stock Mag cam and lifters in it with a set of large oval heads I have sitting around that are still good.

If anyone has anything they want to let go of, let me know.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Prob be better off finding a running Gen VI L29 engine out of a pickup, or even better a L21 (forged internals). I see them selling on craigslist for what a set of pistons would cost you. Slap a 502 mag cam in there and call it a day.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Clean Gen VI 502ci parts from my MR HP500 .

Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
I have a good, standard bore Gen VI 454 block that was a warranty exchange. I've had this thing sitting around for a couple of years with the intention of building a stock or near stock motor as a "spare bullet" in case mine goes kaboom, or if I ever sell the boat. It has the cast stuff in it right now, and the wrist pins are tight, so probably needs pistons. Was wondering if anyone has a low hour set of Mag pistons and rods, maybe even a full reciprocating assembly that they want to unload? Trying to slap something together on the cheap, because like I said, it is strictly a backup. Might just drop a stock Mag cam and lifters in it with a set of large oval heads I have sitting around that are still good.

If anyone has anything they want to let go of, let me know.
Bud if you only ran your boat wide open 1 time all summer I think you probably have a good 10 years b4 your gonna need that spare.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

I just gave away the entire internals on a 454 mag. Doh!