Notices

Truck mileage verification

Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck mileage verification

Can anyone help me locate a site to verify mileage on a 08 GMC dually, besides Carfax ($39.95)

Thks
Old 12-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered

Anybody with a computer scan tool can read it.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A basic scan tool will not read it. You will need a tech 2 or other more powerful scan tool to do it. What is the vin I will run an auto check for you.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered

^^ +1 and even then if their were ever a problem with the cluster which gm is known for and with the rite software you could tell the company that ththeir was what ever miles on it..
Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
^^ +1 and even then if their were ever a problem with the cluster which gm is known for and with the rite software you could tell the company that ththeir was what ever miles on it..
If anyone local needs their GM cluster fixed we can do most of them (gauges/lights/odometer)
Old 12-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
A basic scan tool will not read it. You will need a tech 2 or other more powerful scan tool to do it. What is the vin I will run an auto check for you.
This is what I meant. Sorry
Old 12-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Actually that is not correct. .miles are recorded on most modules on gm cars..sir..abs..tcm..ecm..bcm..just to name a few.you change the miles on the IPC and all I have to do is hook up my tech 2 and could tell you the real miles.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
Actually that is not correct. .miles are recorded on most modules on gm cars..sir..abs..tcm..ecm..bcm..just to name a few.you change the miles on the IPC and all I have to do is hook up my tech 2 and could tell you the real miles.
so you can put what ever milage on the cluster..chrysler with the drb i can put what ever milage on the cluster and same goes with ford ..i have seen my buddy swap clusters on his ford truck and it shower the same milage that was on it in the other truck..just sayin..
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

so you can put what ever milage on the cluster..chrysler with the drb i can put what ever milage on the cluster and same goes with ford ..i have seen my buddy swap clusters on his ford truck and it shower the same milage that was on it in the other truck..just sayin..
yes you can put what ever mileage you want on the cluster,every time we replace a IPC (cluster) we have to program and set up,at that time we put in the miles, we also have to put in the correct hours as well,we can at that time program the IPC with what ever miles and hours we want,,(we always put in the correct miles)..

if somebody "accidentally" programs the wrong miles on the IPC ,next time it goes to a dealership and a Tech scans the data with his/hers Tech 2 or GDS2 the miles of the IPC (cluster) will NOT match the miles recorded on the other modules,like the BCM,SDM,ECM,EBCM just name a few.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Thks much 08 GMC #1GTJC33618F122341

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.