Tuners or Chips?

Notices

Tuners or Chips?

Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 PM
m50
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners or Chips?

I don't think I have seen anything about a computer chip or tuner for these boats. Is this something that can be done like on a car or truck? Can you put a cold air box and install a chip to pick more H.P.?
thanks RB
Old 01-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can have the PCMs flashed, but that alone makes little to no difference in a boat. ,A PCM flash along with major upgrades like cam, heads, intake, headers would make a difference. It takes a decent amount of HP to make a 1-2M MPH difference in a boat. money is better spent on prop tuning/lab work. Better gains can be found there. I had an 03 Velocity with a 496 mag, I had the PCM flashed (because there were issues with the factory flash). While my boat picked up a bit of mid-range, the top end was about the same. It was very pricey. I also had the prop labbed and that is where the major gains were found. I picked up 2-3 MPH.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the only thing I have seen that is a plug in unit for a merc. is http://www.dynojetcmd.com/cmd_marine_details.aspx. Although you would really need the O2 sensor to get it set right. I doubt it will increase mph if it is all stock and I agree that the prop will be the best update for any easy bolt on gains.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by m50
I don't think I have seen anything about a computer chip or tuner for these boats. Is this something that can be done like on a car or truck? Can you put a cold air box and install a chip to pick more H.P.?
thanks RB
Ayuh,.... in a word,.... Nope,....