Notices

Looks Like Ford Is Re-Calling

Old 01-25-2015, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks Like Ford Is Re-Calling

It looks like Ford is recalling for EGT sensor problems, this from a Ford Truck forum. It isn't clear whether they are replacing the sensors or reprogramming the ECM just yet.

Affects Job 1 (first truck) through build date 11/6/2013.

FSA 14e03

"In all of the affected vehicles, the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system calibration must be updated to meet emission guidelines. In addition, the updated calibration contains additional improvements to the SCR system including reduced temperature sensor faults and improved drivability. "
Old 01-25-2015, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the fed highway dept started this from so many complaints and the safety factor from shutting off in the middle of the road..
Old 01-25-2015, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
It looks like Ford is recalling for EGT sensor problems, this from a Ford Truck forum. It isn't clear whether they are replacing the sensors or reprogramming the ECM just yet.

Affects Job 1 (first truck) through build date 11/6/2013.

FSA 14e03

"In all of the affected vehicles, the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system calibration must be updated to meet emission guidelines. In addition, the updated calibration contains additional improvements to the SCR system including reduced temperature sensor faults and improved drivability. "
Thanks for the heads up.... I was going to gun all the emission crap of my truck to avoid this from happening.... I am booking it tomorrow hopefully they have the parts in stock... thx again!!

Old 01-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hopper
Thanks for the heads up.... I was going to gun all the emission crap of my truck to avoid this from happening.... I am booking it tomorrow hopefully they have the parts in stock... thx again!!

Let me know what you find out from the dealership since I haven't yet received an official notice and unfortunately my Service Manager friend has since left.