Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Interesting combination on Craigslist... >

Interesting combination on Craigslist...

Notices

Interesting combination on Craigslist...

Old 01-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting combination on Craigslist...

I saw this on another site and thought it was interesting enough to share... I never new Evinrude made a snowmobile?!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/4858444283.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536274[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Interesting combination on Craigslist...-truck.jpg   Interesting combination on Craigslist...-truck2.jpg  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

they were the same as the Johnson models "back in the day". Late 60's / early 70's, everybody & their brothers were making sleds. AMF dumped the "Ski-Daddler" line to produce essentially the same sled (different colors & badging) as a Harley Davidson...
Old 01-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshore312
they were the same as the Johnson models "back in the day". Late 60's / early 70's, everybody & their brothers were making sleds. AMF dumped the "Ski-Daddler" line to produce essentially the same sled (different colors & badging) as a Harley Davidson...
Yes I've seen the AMF Harley sleds as well... Hell, when AMF owned all those companies, they had Harley-Davidson conversion vans made by Holiday Rambler....
Old 01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley took a huge black eye in those AMF years. Only loyal idiots like me owned them. I can still remember the tools and "must have" hardware that stayed on my 77.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybagger
I saw this on another site and thought it was interesting enough to share... I never new Evinrude made a snowmobile?!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/4858444283.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536274[/ATTACH]
It looks like an Evinrude "Skeeter" sled in the back of the truck. My neighbor had one. Thing was a tank.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Harley took a huge black eye in those AMF years. Only loyal idiots like me owned them. I can still remember the tools and "must have" hardware that stayed on my 77.
LOL... I work in the industry and I know EXACTLY what you are saying! It's funny, I have worked for 2 H-D dealerships and both of them are over 75 years old and were family owned. Each of them became Honda dealers in the 60's and BOTH of the owners told me that Honda was the ONLY thing that saved them from going under in the 70's during the AMF years.... Right now, the Hipsters are paying big money for those old leaky shovelheads! I have guy's asking me all the time if I have any to sell.....
Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Bailing wire, kitty litter and a 6lb hammer (Harley wrench)?
I'm no hipster, but I still want a slabside shovel in an FLH frame...

As for the sled, pretty sure there were 2 of them at the snowmobile graveyard in Mt. Pleasant MI a while back. However, I was looking for a part for a Massey Ferguson (yes, like the tractor), so I paid little attention, except to make the boating connection.