Notices

New Trailer

Old 02-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Trailer

Hello everyone,

I'm still a newbie here, and thankful for all the guidance thus far. It has been humbling that so many would reach out...

Anyway, I am in need of a new trailer, and have been hunting around on the net for a quality one, that also looks good. After all, we want our toys looking great right. So I came across a company call Sport Trail, and must say, I've never seen a beautiful trailer until then. They dip their trailers in some sort of bath that makes them really shine. I believe it's also some type of coating to protect the aluminum from elements as well. I also watched a video of one of their fabricators replacing spring type axles to torsion type, and it was obvious the guy was a seasoned veteran, and had done this many times before.

I'm comfortable buying a trailer from them for these reasons and the great reviews I've read about, but was hoping for a little help with things I'm not aware of, e.g., what I def should and should not order with the new trailer. I'm def going aluminum, not into skimping, and want a solid trailer that's built well, looks great, and will hold up over time. I don't plan on trailering much, maybe 150 miles in each direction once a year, and a short haul to the river as often as I can get away with it. The boat is a 38' go-fast, and pretty heavy when loaded.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

EOH brakes for sure.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Angry try this, good company!

Welcome. I would suggest you take a look at Myco. I have a 38 too. good luck.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've talked to Kevin at Sport-Trail as well. Builds one helluva all-welded, I-beam or C-channel trailer for a very reasonable price. He will also add custom touches that the cookie-cutter trailer builders can't or won't do. Saw one of his tri-axle trailers under a 33' center console and the craftsmanship was outstanding. I plan to purchase one for my TG but have to either get the bottom template from Cig (having little to no luck with that) or get my boat to him. Unfortunately, having problems with that too since I don't currently have a trailer!!