Crossover and Thermostat housing for use with Procharger >

Crossover and Thermostat housing for use with Procharger

Notices

Crossover and Thermostat housing for use with Procharger

Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossover and Thermostat housing for use with Procharger

Thinking about replacing the Procharger Crossover and Thermostat Housing. Has anyone ever done this? I have been eyeballing a nice combo from Teague. I just am not sure if will effect the water flow dynamics enough to hurt anything. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just about any bbc crossover will work, if you're going to run a thermostat, you have to make sure there is adequate bypass to relieve pressure, and cool the exhaust before the t stat opens, and the ones with a separator inside work better at low flow then the ones that dump cold water right on on top of the thermostat.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Just about any bbc crossover will work, if you're going to run a thermostat, you have to make sure there is adequate bypass to relieve pressure, and cool the exhaust before the t stat opens, and the ones with a separator inside work better at low flow then the ones that dump cold water right on on top of the thermostat.
U are a funny guy...
Old 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hadleycat
Thinking about replacing the Procharger Crossover and Thermostat Housing. Has anyone ever done this? I have been eyeballing a nice combo from Teague. I just am not sure if will effect the water flow dynamics enough to hurt anything. Thanks in advance!
Why ?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Why ?
Mine is the original cast aluminum and is pretty corroded.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Baja
U are a funny guy...
I'm not sure I understand your sense of humor, what was the funny part? Do you have any usefull information to contribute to this thread?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by hadleycat
I would just make sure it is set up the same way as the Procharger set up assuming it worked well for you.
IE: the bypass to the intercooler and etc.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

As Haxor mentioned, any crossover should work as long as the bypass is large enough, if you run a thermostat. Procharger doesn't recommend running a thermostat though. Their aluminum piece does tend to corrode pretty badly. I'm pretty sure I have a Procharger thermostat housing and may even have a crossover if you want me to look. If not, any nice SS piece will work fine. CP has some really nice units. You will see that they are priced quite a bit higher than some others (Eddie Marine, for example). That is because they use 316 SS instead of 304 (the material is almost twice the price). If you are running in salt, buy the 316. If it will only be in fresh water, you can get away with the 304 if you choose. I'm certainly not picking on Eddie Marine. I just wanted you to know the difference in the 2 and why the price is so different.
Eddie
Old 02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Procharger doesn't recommend running a thermostat though.
Yeh, but they are from the south. Problem is when you are up North.

I had a horrible time at first getting some oil and water temp in mine. 502MPI.

As a note, as of right now, our body of water is almost 20" thick ice. Therefore, our boating season can include some pretting cold water temp.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I hear ya. I'm not saying that they are correct. I'm just saying that they don't recommend it. They also say that you don't have to program the ecm. We all know that's a bunch of crap. We also know that there fuel system isn't the best choice, etc. etc. Definitely a case by case basis. If you don't run a thermostat and do run it up north without any programming, good luck getting out of the ECT and IAT temperature multiplier. It will never leave cold start and will always add fuel based on temp.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.