Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Differences in the Medium Haulers >

Differences in the Medium Haulers

Notices

Differences in the Medium Haulers

Old 02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences in the Medium Haulers

I am looking for a Medium Duty Hauler and my first thought was a Sport Chassis like everyone else. They are great! I have had a RHA-114 Freightliner and a F650 so big trucks are fine with me. I have seen a few of the Sterlings and the International RXT's and 4400's which look nice and that DT570 should be a beast to tow. I am a little scared of the Mercedes in the SC until the Cummins in 08-09 so newer is better on them but some of the others look good too... I prefer a truck bed so the P2 Sport Chassis is my first choice and that's what makes me think about the Sterling and the International because they almost all have truck beds. Any thoughts or experiences would be very helpful. Air Ride all around and decked out interior obviously are a must.

Also - Anyone who has a truck that they are looking to shed I am looking and Black or Red are preferred colors but Silver and White if price is right. Miles don't really matter because I am only towing 5,000 per year so a few miles makes it a little cheaper and that's ok with me.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The air ride kelderman front 4 link on my 650 made the ride a night and day difference in ride. Tiff prefers to drive it over our excursion anywhere we go. The 6 doors in mine makes the rear suspension seem nonexistent to us in the first and second row. To us the Sport chassis had a washy feeling with the air ride cab and seats. Hell if you want come take it for the weekend![ATTACH=CONFIG]537412[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Differences in the Medium Haulers-1974002_882257458456276_8024977243765832000_o.jpg  
Old 02-20-2015, 11:55 PM
Registered

Better yet when the weather breaks we want to see Nashville! I can bring it to you. If you need to borrow in the mean time let me know.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Thank You Sir!! I bet Bogan thinks its cool or if not he will very very soon!

I just want something a little more maneuverable. The 650 I had basically was like a dually in turning radius and backing but that FL I had was 114"wb and you couldn't turn it around in a 40 acre field. And my new trailer isn't going to be small by any means so all the help I can get... Is your truck a Cat or Cummins?
Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Registered

I have the Cat with the 330hp program and a TS performance adjustable box on it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I am a little scared of that Mercedes in the 07-09 freight liners too... I had a c7 in my 650 and found a couple 06-07 Sport Chassis with them but most are Mercedes. The newer Cummins ones are great but at 100k yikes. I won't pull the boat 4-5 times a year.