Burning River Power Festival - Cleveland, Ohio August 21-23

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save the Date! We are wrapping up planning for another fantastic weekend and have already booked Cleveland's top cover band, School Girl Crush, for opening festivities on Friday, August 21st on the deck of Lakeside Yacht Club's new pool with hot tub and swim-up bar!!! Registration opens April 1. All proceeds go to benefit The MobilityWorks Foundation (www.themobilityworksfoundation.org) - over $5,000 donated last year alone and this year promises to be even better. See you on the lake!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any more details?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Keith - Thanks for your interest. We are waiting on final word for catering at the planned lunch stop to set pricing and stops but the format is Friday-Saturday-Sunday and the run is based out of Lakeside Yacht Club (www.lakesideyachtclub.com - details from last year's run are posted there) with swag, floating docks, live music all three days, a welcome reception with heavy appetizers and drink specials Friday night, continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and a full breakfast buffet Sunday all included. Special events we are working on for Friday include honor rides for disabled vets in the afternoon and an exotic car drive-in that evening (both events still subject to final confirmation). Dockage limitations at Lakeside will be announced prior to opening registration (we expect to accomodate between 40 and 60 boats at docks with rafting in dock wells and power for all) and overflow dockage will be available with courtesy shuttle if needed. We are also finalizing hotel arrangements with nearby upper-tier hotels with shuttle service as well as truck and trailer parking. We have run this event as a smaller (30-40 boat) local fun run for several years and decided last year to ramp it up to a full charity run. Last year we were able to give over $5,000 to charity and award hands totaling over $2,500 and we hope to do better this year.

Thanks again for your interest!!

Best regards,

db
Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm in if my boat runs.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Dean just called and said he will row if he has to!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by DucBoy
Dean just called and said he will row if he has to!
Ha, that's funny right there. I would hope it's done by then, but strange things can happen.....
Old 03-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Registered

Thanks and thanks for the PM.

About how many miles will the run be? I looked in last years flyer but didn't see it.

Originally Posted by DucBoy
Keith - Thanks for your interest. We are waiting on final word for catering at the planned lunch stop to set pricing and stops but the format is Friday-Saturday-Sunday and the run is based out of Lakeside Yacht Club (www.lakesideyachtclub.com - details from last year's run are posted there) with swag, floating docks, live music all three days, a welcome reception with heavy appetizers and drink specials Friday night, continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and a full breakfast buffet Sunday all included. Special events we are working on for Friday include honor rides for disabled vets in the afternoon and an exotic car drive-in that evening (both events still subject to final confirmation). Dockage limitations at Lakeside will be announced prior to opening registration (we expect to accomodate between 40 and 60 boats at docks with rafting in dock wells and power for all) and overflow dockage will be available with courtesy shuttle if needed. We are also finalizing hotel arrangements with nearby upper-tier hotels with shuttle service as well as truck and trailer parking. We have run this event as a smaller (30-40 boat) local fun run for several years and decided last year to ramp it up to a full charity run. Last year we were able to give over $5,000 to charity and award hands totaling over $2,500 and we hope to do better this year.

Thanks again for your interest!!

Best regards,

db
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 AM
Registered
VIP Member

The plan is for a total of roughly 60 miles with one long leg of approximately 25 miles for those that want to clean the carbon out. We don't post the driver package so drivers actually come to the meeting but it includes GPS for the entrance to each stop as well as exploded overhead views of the course and each stop. Most stops are touch and go (i don't know about you, but i hate getting all rafted and tied up just to stand around not drinking a beer for an hour, just to untie and do it all over again). We attract a nice cross section of boats from 120 MPH plus monsters to 50 MPH center consoles and set it up to be safe but still fun.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Registered

sounds like fun I think I would be in
Old 04-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Registered

I think it sounds fun too, just too bad it wasn't longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.