performance upgrades available for volvo penta 8.2 gsi >

performance upgrades available for volvo penta 8.2 gsi

Notices

performance upgrades available for volvo penta 8.2 gsi

Old 03-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance upgrades available for volvo penta 8.2 gsi

I was wondering if anyone knew of some performance upgrades I could do to a 415 hp volvo 8.2 gsi?Can I procharge it or whipple charge it, better exhaust? looking for around 550 hp. Its in a 271 fastech formula thx
Old 04-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the drive is a dpx dual prop, any one else have this combo?
Old 04-06-2015, 11:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The DPX is a good drive but very hard to get parts for and for anyone to work on it. The only one I know who will work on the drives is Innovation in Florida. They built the 500 DPX and the 600 DPX engine for Volvo back then. The DPX is a very expensive drive and I do not think Volvo has any remans left but not 100% sure.

What exhaust manifolds do you have on your 415 ? These 415 came from Volvo and used MEFI 3 if I recall correctly. If you post your year model and engine serial # when I get a chance I could look at whats listed under that. . I use to work on them but have not seen the DPX nor a 415 from Volvo in some years now. I still see the 454 form Volvo from time to time but a 454 non DPX. .
Old 04-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would give my left nad to have a 502 gsi intake 500dpx intake and hp500efi intake on the shelf next to each other at the same place at the same time . I would check part numbers and see if the gsi uses 2.19 or 2.25 intakes and most of the late vp roller motors i have been into suprisingly dont have the gm crate cam part# laser etched on them.
you would be my hero if you posted the lower intake casting number of your motor up on here