Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com) >

beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com)

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beware: Aftermarket Marine (amarket.com)

Aftermarket Marine
2207 Kingston St
Kenner, LA 70062

I lerk on these form a lot but never post, until now. Hopefully you can avoid the problems I have had with them.

I called them and talked to Shawn ("the owner"), he was going to sell me a used/rebuilt stern drive for my boat. This call took place 3/20/2015, I had to do some checking on numbers over the weekend to determine if I needed a 21:16 or a 21:17. I emailed him and called him to follow up and get a shipping estimate.

I asked for an invoice with a shipping estimate to be emailed to me, never got it (emails sent on 3/27, 4/1, 4/2, 4/7). They claim they emailed it several times but nothing ever showed up in my inbox or spam folder. I called more than once for this information (should have been my 1st clue, stupid me). I asked him to just take a picture of the invoice and text it to me. After 2-3 days and calling and asking for it I finally got it. I gave him payment information. There are several phone calls I made but I don't remember the dates or the times.

I was told the stern drive was shipped on Tuesday 4/14, its now 4/23, still no drive (3-4 days freight). I can't get a tracking number form them or the freight company that it was being shipped by (I can track it down if needs be). When I call them asking for it I get "I will text it to you" followed by hanging up. several hours go by I called again and the same thing. I tried saying "Hey there is some sort of disconnect here can you just read it off to me and tell me the company" "I will text it to you" followed by hanging up

I have now wasted over a month dealing with this company and my boat is not any closer to hitting water. I had planned a camping/boating trip 5/8-5/11 (wrong in my texts) that it now looks like I wont be able to do.
I could have rebuilt the whole drive by now or handed it to a builder and have them do.

looks like I'm not the only person with this problem, Had I known this would never have used them or wasted my time with them.
http://www.yellowpages.com/kenner-la...rine-463403496

its rather frustrating when people don't follow through and are dishonest.
after my experience with them I would stay far far far away and do business else where
Old 04-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Registered

from here last year:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...ff-amazon.html
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is crazy, good luck!!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Registered

I was actually at their shop last week buying some parts.
It is a hole in the wall near the airport packed to the rafters with unorganized stuff.
After seeing it, I can understand why you have not received your parts yet.
It is an adventure just finding a path through the boats crammed in the parking lot.
The old man that seems to be the only one answering the phone is not friendly at all.
The phone was steady ringing without anyone stopping to answer it.
All of that being said, they had what I needed in stock and at a GREAT price.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

So they do boat repair to or selling boats ? It sounds like a CF if they are repairing boats to. The parts selling side not so much a CF for just selling but repairing boats, if they are a CF then most likely so will their repairs. It goes hand and hand. I see it all the time and have to fix boats that come from CF shops like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Registered

I called the freight company they used and they have no record of it ever shipping. I called them to ask what the deal is, they claim it was shipped on 4/14 and the company doesn't have anything from that address for 4/10 to 4/24.
1st it was i will text it to you and I told him I called the shipping company and they don't have a record of it. He said I can talk to the owner who is out for surgery (he told me he was the owner) then he said he will refund my card "don't worry"

Originally Posted by Cajun 2 Stepp
I was actually at their shop last week buying some parts.
It is a hole in the wall near the airport packed to the rafters with unorganized stuff.
After seeing it, I can understand why you have not received your parts yet.
It is an adventure just finding a path through the boats crammed in the parking lot.
The old man that seems to be the only one answering the phone is not friendly at all.
The phone was steady ringing without anyone stopping to answer it.
All of that being said, they had what I needed in stock and at a GREAT price.
no one there is friendly, I have talked to both that old man and to shawn.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Registered

BUP, I don't know what a CF is but they have a yard FULL of boats under repair.
Some very nice, many not so nice.
KeatonAZ I would contact my credit card company if I were you and request a charge back.
They very well could have set it down and it got buried with all of the stuff piled up around that office.
They have shipping boxes piled up everywhere.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:10 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Cf = cluster fu_k
Old 04-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Yes indeed, definitely a cluster.
Clint Eastwood couldn't have said it better.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered
VIP Member

did you ever get it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.