cover bled hint of color onto white vinyl how to get out >

cover bled hint of color onto white vinyl how to get out

Notices

cover bled hint of color onto white vinyl how to get out

Old 05-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default cover bled hint of color onto white vinyl how to get out

A buddy picked up his boat from storage.
It was put away and wiped down before leaving it in heated storage.
It was raining on the way there, we wiped it down before putting it away but when he picked it up there is faintl hints of color on the perimeter of the white on the sunpad. I'm assuming the foam was wet and the color from the cover bled some color onto the vinyl.
Its not very noticeable but would like to remove it if possible. Does anyone have a product or a trick or experience with this?
Soft scrub with bleach?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2015, 12:38 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Bright sun can/will usually take care of it.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
A buddy picked up his boat from storage.
It was put away and wiped down before leaving it in heated storage.
It was raining on the way there, we wiped it down before putting it away but when he picked it up there is faintl hints of color on the perimeter of the white on the sunpad. I'm assuming the foam was wet and the color from the cover bled some color onto the vinyl.
Its not very noticeable but would like to remove it if possible. Does anyone have a product or a trick or experience with this?
Soft scrub with bleach?

Thanks
I would not use anything with bleach or abrasives, after time the bleach will cause the white interior to yellow. I know there was a thread on this quite a while back where a new sun dress bled into white vinyl. I have heard of using shaving cream, never did it myself. Alcohol may work as a solvent as well.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
Bright sun can/will usually take care of it.
+1 I know it sounds too good to be true....but it is. Bright hot sun will burn it right off. Take it out in the sun and see what happens before you put anything on it.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the sun theory! it does seem to good to be true. I will tell him to pull it out in the sun. Are you talking 1 day? a week? what kind of timeframe do you give it before moving on to something else?
Old 06-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sun will take it out ..its nota matter of hrs or days ..just use the boat forget about it and it will be gone before u know it ...a watched pot never boils
Old 06-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep! As others have said, Ol' Sol can work wonders on stains. My daughter got hold of a ball point pen when she was about 3 and "decorated" the front passenger seat on my boat. I about had a cow! I tried a few cleaners like Simple Green, Tough Stuff, even alcohol and a few other strong ones in a couple of inconspicuous spots. Nothing touched it. Then as the summer wore on, the "decorations" slowly faded away. There is no trace of them now.