Questions on Engine Modification xm270hr cam

Notices

Questions on Engine Modification xm270hr cam

Old 06-04-2015, 12:55 PM
LT5
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on Engine Modification xm270hr cam

Hi all. New here with some engine building questions. I currently have a 2002 caravelle interceptor. with a 350 and a corsa captain choice exhaust with Volvo sx drive. I am looking to have the vortec heads worked on with a 3 angle valve job and 2.02/1.6 valves put in & roller rockers; msd ignition. Also going to a comp cams xm270hr cam and performer rpm intake manifold. It currently has a 650 edelbrock carb that I plan on sticking with and stock Volvo exhaust manifolds. I have read where a person shouldn't use an open carb gasket but use one with the 4 openings, is this true??? Also will the factory fuel pump be sufficient? The factory engine is rated at 260 hp and I feel this should wake things up a bit. If anyone can answer my questions great or want to comment on this combination. I am looking to learn all I can Thank you-
Old 06-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

I would not worry about the exhaust gaskets.

In my estimation the stock fuel pump will be sufficient.