corsa captains call solenoid?

Notices

corsa captains call solenoid?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corsa captains call solenoid?

one of my captains call corsa exhaust solenoids on my 2002 496ho went bad who has a replacement heard that the 4wire solenoids are no longer available this is the one i need!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Yes the 4 wire is no longer made. You might find someone with one on ebay, but my guess is it will be used. You can get a new 3 wire from Corsa and adapt it to the 4 wire system. I discussed this with them a few years ago, but in the end just bought the complete 3 wire setup and installed
Old 04-02-2019, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i see 4-wire solonoids brand new so i guess they started manufacturing them again..

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Yes the 4 wire is no longer made. You might find someone with one on ebay, but my guess is it will be used. You can get a new 3 wire from Corsa and adapt it to the 4 wire system. I discussed this with them a few years ago, but in the end just bought the complete 3 wire setup and installed
i see 4-wire solonoids brand new so i guess they started manufacturing them again..
i have a question about the solonoid itself..
is the “rod/shaft” of soloid supposed to come out when not powered? one of the sides i can pop out.
also at the end of the “rod/shaft” of solonoid, there’s a square piece that connects to linkage on the exhaust flaps. i’m not seeing any solonoids with this square piece on the ends..is this piece removable? thank you!