Notices

Mannin Tri Axel Trailers

Old 08-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Mannin Tri Axel Trailers

I have tri axel manning trailer sitting under a 32' Sunsation Dominator the trailer has torsion axels. I noticed a small burn on the top of the fender when I purchased the boat but had never had any issues until I pulled the Old Hickory run in TN last week. The rear tire started to separate and rubbed the fender as a it began to loose shape, thankfully we made it to the marina and launched the boat then went and purchased new trailer tires. Problem is even with the new tires there is only about 1/2" clearance between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender. This is on both side or the trailer and the rear tires. I am using a drop hitch and the trailer sits level when on the truck. Anyone else with a
Manning trailer have very close clearance on their trailer?
Old 08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

I wonder if your rear axle's suspension is starting to give out.
How old is the trailer?
Does any part of your regular towing route overly stress your rear axle? (tight turns or transitions over pavement/curbs)
Do you store it with the tongue way up in the air (which would overload the rear axle when in static storage)?

A side view picture would help here.
Do you have room to raise the fender?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Sydwayz;4339840]I wonder if your rear axle's suspension is starting to give out.
How old is the trailer?
Does any part of your regular towing route overly stress your rear axle? (tight turns or transitions over pavement/curbs)
Do you store it with the tongue way up in the air (which would overload the rear axle when in static storage)?

A side view picture would help here.
Do you have room to raise the fender?[/QUOTE
Sorry about that I thought Iincluded the year its a 2004 trailer, as for towing I only tow about 2 miles each weekend, the boat is stored at our lake under roof.. I have only owned the boat since April of this year the previous owned lived 5 miles from his ramp so the trip home from Iowa and the poker run I just did in TN from Indiana is the longest tow in recent years. I store the boat with the tongue slightly raised to drain any water, I have had this issue since I purchased the boat. The new tires did help and the tire did not rub on the trip home form TN. Sorry I don't have the ability to post pictures. as for raising the fender its a steel trailer with the fenders welded to the trailer.

Last edited by bigredbaja; 08-07-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Well, you are not terribly far from Manning in Michigan. Maybe a maintenance trip is in order.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts

Can you put a 1"spacer between the axle and trailer? I had the same issue on my trailer with brand new axles and could not raise the fender as it was already close to boat. The spacers solved my problem.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have 15'' wheels or 14'' maybe you have the wrong wheels and tires on your trailer.
My trailer has 14'' wheels with the torsion axles x3
Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Registered

14" wheels I know for a fact I just put all new tires on the trailer....the spacers may be an option can you put those on torsion axels?
Old 08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts

Mine are torsion.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpsi68
Mine are torsion.
would you be able to post a picture or e-mail me a picture of how you installed the spacer? Where did you buy the spacers?
Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My frame is 16'' off the ground. Tires are 25 1/2" tall best I can tell ya and I have 4'' above the tire to the fender.
It's not a Manning trailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.