Notices

Disc Brake Conversion???

Old 08-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disc Brake Conversion???

During the off season I plan on blasting and painting my trailer.... Since will be tearing it apart was debating converting to disc brakes...

Is it worth the $$$ and extra effort? If so which brakes do you recommend? Also which actuator set up is best?

Thx
Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used 6 lug Tie Down disc bake assemblies, came with bearings, seals, lug nuts, and were pre greased. All brackets and hardware were included. The brackets had multiple holes to position the caliper where I needed it. Pretty easy install.

I used an actuator from http://hydrastarmarine.com/shop/ to run everything. The hydrastar brake actuator conversion has everything you would need for the front of the trailer. I had to use one of their HBA-CAM adapters to make the install on my 2015 Chevrolet complete. Not sure what size you would need but I'm very happy with my setup. I highly recommend them!

My trailer stops great and there are no adjusters, drums, springs, reverse lockouts or any other worries. Hook up and go!