Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Need to get Luhrs fishing boat from Cabo to San Diego - Best way? >

Need to get Luhrs fishing boat from Cabo to San Diego - Best way?

Notices

Need to get Luhrs fishing boat from Cabo to San Diego - Best way?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to get Luhrs fishing boat from Cabo to San Diego - Best way?

I have a 1997 Luhrs 320 Express that I need to relocate to San Diego. What do you think the best and most inexpensive way is to get it there? Boat is ready to go by water or land. Thanks
Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

How wide is the boat??? I have been down baja many times, there are some not so fun sections just driving a motorhome. If your doing it water seems like a much nicer route with much less hassles, Unless baja has changed drastically in 10 years every little town you drive thru pulling that is going to have a cop or two that sees you as a rolling atm.

If you need logistics info, I have an old friend back in San Diego that captains multi day fishing charters out of San Diego down into mexico I can try and hook you up with for info.

Last edited by phragle; 08-25-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
How wide is the boat??? I have been down baja many times, there are some not so fun sections just driving a motorhome. If your doing it water seems like a much nicer route with much less hassles, Unless baja has changed drastically in 10 years every little town you drive thru pulling that is going to have a cop or two that sees you as a rolling atm.

If you need logistics info, I have an old friend back in San Diego that captains multi day fishing charters out of San Diego down into mexico I can try and hook you up with for info.
Stock that bad boy with beer and a gas card, and Phragle and I will get her to San Diego no problem

...That would be a really cool trip by boat!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Stock that bad boy with beer and a gas card, and Phragle and I will get her to San Diego no problem

...That would be a really cool trip by boat!
Somebody said fresh tunafish sandwiches??
Old 09-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree and would recommend going by water! Just make sure you are current on all Coast Guard documentation as you'll most likely be searched bow to stern. I'd search every compartment and know exactly what is aboard!
Heck...I'm headed to Cabo in 3wks, let me know.