Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pop Yachts to buy a boat? Whats the value in this? >

Pop Yachts to buy a boat? Whats the value in this?

Notices

Pop Yachts to buy a boat? Whats the value in this?

Old 08-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pop Yachts to buy a boat? Whats the value in this?

Hello all,

I am curious about this one. I was contacted by POP Yachts to help me find a boat of my liking. I was hesitant at first and denied the offer. POP continued to contact me to give them the opportunity to help find a boat of my liking. I gave the gentlemen the opportunity with 2 models from a particular manufacture.. Only thing that was required was for me to give him my email address, so I do so. The question: if I am currently looking myself for my future boat of purchase, what value does POP bring to me. I know what questions to ask, I have purchased / sold boats in the past. I'm sure POP is adding on a commission to the price of the boat increasing the asking price even more. If I were to deal directly with the seller, I feel I will be getting a better deal then having POP dump a bunch of inventory my way, that they may not know anything about.

What value do they bring?
Old 08-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Have not used them but would look at them like any other salesman with a commission. They do the leg work and provide you with contacts.

Here is a thread that started in 2010 and most recent post was 2015 (6 pages)
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...d-reviews.html
Old 08-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not going to post on the old thread, but I had them used when a guy in german wanted to by my 6,500.00 century arabian. He used pop yachts. They were always good on my end as a seller that had not posted with them. Everything they sent I read carefully and marked to change if it did not apply. They would then correct the paperwork and resend it. I made it very clear I had the boat and titles. They were not getting anything until the money cleared in the bank. Also that they were not getting the address of the boats location. If anyone wanted to see it I would be present. They were very accommodating. They sent me a first class mail envelope to ship the titles once the money was cleared. I got my full asking price and all I had to do was read some papers and sign when I thought it was all okay. The guy even gave me an additional 700.00 to deliver the boat to Baltimore port. Pop yachts set up all that was needed for me to take the boat into the port and not cost me anything.

I don't know the benefits to selling with them, all I know is my process with them was good. Just take your time read everything and make sure your getting what you want out of the boat. If it goes for more and they get some money then it's better for you. They do the work and get a bit of money and you get what your asking with less work.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

I am not selling a boat, but looking to purchase one.

I am not seeing any advantage points when purchasing a boat.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

None that I know by, beside paying the up charge pop throws on the boat. If you find it on their site, look up that areas Craigslist, boat trader, ect. Chances are the owner has it listed some where else also
Old 08-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Registered

my thoughts exactly ...