Notices

lake powell challange

Old 08-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lake powell challange

have been trying to do this for 4 or 5yrs, leaving Nashville on the sept 12!! will be on the house boat sometime late afternoon sept 15. yall fill me in on what to do and see while I am out there
Old 09-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

HI ltl driver
Glad your going to make it to the Lake Powell Challenge. This is a very laid back poker run on a very beautiful lake. I went to the event last year and had a blast. I also grew up in Arizona going to Lake Powell every year in the summer. Such a cool lake to see. The LPC has put together a lunch run for Friday the 18th before the poker run up to Dangling Rope Marina. This Marina is 10 miles away from my first suggestion, which is Rainbow Bridge. Rainbow Bridge cannot be accessed by boat entirly, but they have nice docks for parking. The walk up to the site is approximatnly 2 miles. Rainbow Bridge is 50 miles up lake from Antelope Point Marina. I am going to assume Antelope Point Marina is where you are staying/launching from, because that is the head quarters for the LPC Poker Run. My next suggestion is Navajo Canyon, which is only a couple miles from Antelope Point Marina, same direction as Dangling Rope and Rainbow Bridge. Navajo Canyon is a water way that breaks off the main channel. This canyon has some breath taking views of the red rocks as you cruse back. Antelope Canyon is another suggestion which can be seen by boat in some parts, or you can get there on land by way of a guided jeep tour. There are a ton of cool canyons and rock formations to see from the water all over this lake.
The poker run's last card stop is over at Lone Rock beach. "Lone Rock," is a huge rock in the middle of the bay in this part of the lake, quite a site to see. You can boat right up next to it. Theses are just a few suggestions to get you going. We have a house boat rented for the LPC. I plan on taking my family to Rainbow Bridge some time on Friday, either before or after the lunch run to Dangling Rope. Oh yea, Dangling Rope Marina claims to have the best soft serve ice cream around.
We have a house boat rented for the weekend and will be around. We have a 27' Orange & Red Eliminator Speedster. Stop by and say HI.

Bo

Last edited by EL Guapo; 09-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was the weekend? How much was raised for Juvenile Diabetes?
Old 11-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by windship
How was the weekend? How much was raised for Juvenile Diabetes?
Great weekend at this poker run windship. $175,000 was collected in this year's Lake Powell Challenge for JDFR. Sorry for the delay on my response.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

where are the details for this run??
Old 11-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
where are the details for this run??
The run is in September. Weather is perfect, around 80 to max of 90 degrees. Water temps are perfect too.

http://www.lakepowellchallenge.com