New gauges how to? >

New gauges how to?

Notices

New gauges how to?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New gauges how to?

I wanna put new gauges in my boat its a 22 scarab it has teleflex gauges so.im gonna put in some sierra arctic gauges. Will the wires there be fine or do i need to rewire? My fuel.gauge does not work.so i was gonna buy a new sending unit which teleflex has a universal one. Can i use the wires for that since thwy at already there? And my trim gauge doesnt really work so if i need a new trim sending unit do.i have to.remove the drive?
Old 09-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab2222
I wanna put new gauges in my boat its a 22 scarab it has teleflex gauges so.im gonna put in some sierra arctic gauges. Will the wires there be fine or do i need to rewire? My fuel.gauge does not work.so i was gonna buy a new sending unit which teleflex has a universal one. Can i use the wires for that since thwy at already there? And my trim gauge doesnt really work so if i need a new trim sending unit do.i have to.remove the drive?
Everything should wire the same, including the wires to the fuel sending unit. The back of the tach will probably have a switch to select 4, 6, or 8 cylinders. If the trim gauge isn't working it's probably the trim sending unit. It is on the back of the boat on the gimbal housing. The limiter is on one side the sender on the other. They look like two round pod type things. You may be able to clean up the contact area and get it working better
Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Do ONE gauge at a time and you should be fine. the only hiccup should be if you use the new livorsi gauges that have the connectors you have to splice in.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
the only hiccup should be if you use the new livorsi gauges that have the connectors you have to splice in.
Those use Deutsch DT series connectors, top of the line hardware. If you're going to use those you'll be money ahead to buy an Amphenol AT series terminals kit, they're interchangeable but much cheaper and perfectly sufficient for the task at hand.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Registered

I have to use bog gauges like.45/8 so im thi.king of.using autometer from ke performance.com do these need special connectors or anythig?