Jay Muller, WHM Motorsports Throttleman.....Think u know someone >

Jay Muller, WHM Motorsports Throttleman.....Think u know someone

Notices

Jay Muller, WHM Motorsports Throttleman.....Think u know someone

Old 09-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jay Muller, WHM Motorsports Throttleman.....Think u know someone

So u think u know someone. Here is a little insight on how I thought I knew someone. I contacted Jay Muller after the SBI World Championships last year on making a trade of my 2007 32' Doug Wright race boat for his 2002 32' Skater pleasure boat. We talked a number of times and he stated he wanted to race the Qatar race in February. I told him I would bring my boat to him in St Augustine, assuming he would bring his 2002 32' Skater,which he never did, the end of December, so he could make the ship for Qatar, even though we had not made a deal on his boat, but it was going to be subject to a visual inspection by me of his 2002 Skater. He stated to me a number of times that the Skater had a couple of small blister areas on the bottom and that he contacted Peter at Skater about the blisters and repairing as needed, and was going to ship the Skater to the factory and have the complete bottom repaired, as needed, which Jay never did., even to this day. Jay did race Qatar with my boat, did repair a blocked fuel line from the tank, and did race in all the races. Now after racing in Qatar, which everything was paid for by the race organization of Qatar, even paying each boat that competed, $15,000.00 at the end of the event for just being there, the boats were shipped back to Brunswick, Georgia. I told Jay to deliver the 2002 Skater from New Jersey to my facility in Pompano Bch and I would do the minor repairs, as he told to me months ago. Well that never happened and I ended up paying ($1,500.00) out of my pocket, the transport of the 2002 Skater to Pompano Bch. Upon the arrival at Pompano Bch via the transporter, I looked at the 2002 Skater, and the bottom on both sides were delamanating to the point, that the entire bottom and the tunnel had to be reskinned, due to how Skater builds there balsa cored hulls and then gel coats over the epoxy lay up. I contacted Jay, told him the MAJOR ISSUES I had with the bottom and the deal was OFF.The Qatar boats were arriving in Brunswick, Ga and I wanted to swap boats back, but my dually burned to the ground and I was unable to meet him in Brunswick for the swap. Thinking about all I did for him in making the race in Qatar, me paying for the transport of his Skater from N Jersey, and him pocketing $15,000.00, I thought, incorrectty, he might offer to deliver my Doug Wright to Pompano Bch and do the swap there, but NO, whats he do, takes my Doug Wright back to N Jersey and blows me off completely. A month goes by, and I get a picture of Jay and his son racing Pt Pleasant, WITHOUT asking me. Another few weeks pass, I have a buyer from N Jersey that called me and wants to look at my Doug Wright and Jay has the BALLS to tell the buyer that it's NOT EVEN my boat, its his and it's not for sale. Another week or so passes, I tell Jay that I have a friend in N Jersey and he is willing to bring my Doug Wright back and Jay tells me that he is in no way releasing HIS boat (Doug Wright) and that the deal is done, PERIOD. On Fathers Day, I depart Pompano Bch with Jay's 2002 32' Skater and arrive in N Jersey Monday night, meet him at his house and tell him to return my Doug Wright and I will give him his 2002 32' Skater, END OF CONSERVATION.

Plus & Minus;

I deliver to St Augustine
I pay $1,500.00 for his Skater transport from N Jersey/Pompano
I redeliver the 2002 Skater from Pompano/N Jersey
I'm missing the lifting straps, powerhead lifting eye,
my 8600 ECU's
The Skater is really a 2001
The somewhat new Skater Myco trailer is rusting out underneath and brakes are inop
Skater Drives are unclean, slime all over
Gas/fuel stains/blisters on stb paint
Missing spare tire/rim on Doug Wright trailer
Doug Wright has Salt/rust inside engine cowlings & on engines, carrier bearings and prop shafts
JAY USES MY BOAT FOR FREE IN N JERSEY AND WHATEVER ELSE HE DID WITH IT
JAY MADE $15,000.00 AND NEVER OFFERED ME A DIME

So you think you know someone, might want to rethink that thought.....................
Old 09-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I can't figure out why anyone would allow anyone else to take their boat out of the country and race it without a signed contract and completed transaction
Old 09-23-2015, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Gotta agree with Griff. Unless Jay is like a brother to you, you left yourself wide open. Certainly not saying what he did is right, because by your description, it is not, but you certainly let the horses out of the stable.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

I'm very close friends with Jay Muller for over 20 years. I just got off the phone with him and his story is a bit different than the one posted. He has asked me to tell boatsbywheels to contact him on his cel man to man to straighten out this misunderstanding once and for all.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude, I have no involvement in this,,,
But when I read this, this post, I am amazed on how you believe Offshore Only has transitioned into a
Peoples Court for boat owners, that make repeated judgement errors ?
Old 09-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

The story goes quite differently we spoke about a straight across trade for my 01 skater for the doug wright do to the fact that wheels was done racing and probably could sell the skater faster and we thought it was an even trade. I was interested in going to qatar with the boat if we could make the deal happen in time i told him my boat needed some work done to the bottem gelcoat and that peter from skater was gonna do the work but he was jammed up with stuff and couldnt get to it right away. It didnt matter cause wheels didnt have the mso for his boat anyway but he still wanted to do the deal. Weeks pass he gets the mso from doug wright and they add a second ship to go to qatar so i drive straight to florida swap all paper work from skater give him title for boat and trailer and he gives me title for his trailer and mso for the doug wright and we both sign an aggreement of stating that we are trading the boats with year hull numbers and all . wheels new when skater was done with the boat he could pick it up from there since i drove to florida for the doug wright. I get to qatar the steering is falling off the boat motors are crooked and the boat wont run we pull covers off fuel tanks and they are delaminating there is epoxy and resin clogging all fuel lines and fuel pumps thank god i had troy hannon gary ballough ryan beckley todd defillips grant bruggeman and scott porta all there to see what a disaster i had gotten from wheels . everyone helped to fix all the problems with the boat so i could race after traveling 14 hours we got the boat to run great 111 mph which was amazing because i found out after the fact that the boat never ran faster then 98mph and it had issues all season long . This was told to me from wheels driver from earlier in that season mike . in qatar i also found out the boat weighed 300 pounds more then wheels said it did. I get back from qatar a guy contacts me from bermuda and states he wants to buy the boat from me and that he contacted wheels but wheels said he no longer owned the boat and he gave him my number. The guy states he did not think the boat was competitive before but now after hearing and seeing it run in qatar he realizes it is. Since i got back now wheels is anxious for the skater peter still was busy with getting boats finished for customers so he sends a guy to pick up the skater with a half ton pickup to bring it to florida And we both decided we would get it fixed down there and that i would pay the bill. I suggested bringing it to eddie guardado who i have had do alot of work for me over the years and it would be perfect wheels chose not to take it there.Time passes wheels calls me and says he wants his boat back ( i wonder why cause now its competitive and runs correctly and he prob could sell it)? I stated are deal is as stands i will pay for gelcoat repair like we agreed on more time passes wheels starts readvertising the dougwright for sale as if it was still his while he has my skater, title trailer and title in his wearhouse? He calls me and says he just wants to trade back and no hard feelings he says the skater isnt all he thought it was i said fine ive been in the racing industry for over 23 years i never screwed anyone and dont want any mudslinging or bad feelings so i agree to trade back for the skater i tell him the day it is coming back to georgia and for him to meet me at the port with my skater and all paperwork and i will give back the doug wright and all paper work i call him for two weeks prior he does not call back i call him on my way down from jersey to georgia no response call him from the port no response i figured he changed his mind i trailered the boat back to jersey still no sign of wheels .i decide to race barnegat bay with my son and won first place a week later wheels calls and says why do i see pictures of my boat in barnegat? I said where have you been ? And its my boat while i am the title holder? He said his truck caught fire but he is sending someone local to pick up the dougwright i told him only way that is happening is if he has skater and all paperwork and i suggested we did it face to face long story short he drove to jersey with the skater and we switched back . the axle was ripped off the back of my skater and the wheel was destroyed and the back of the drive guard was smashed we swapped paper work and he hightailed it out of there i was left with a broken trailer he left with what is now a dialed in doug wright . thats the truth and btw i do have you engine lifting eye wheels give me your address and ill deliver it personally.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member

Normally I don't post because I'm a rookie in the sport. I do appreciate all the camaraderie of the racers. Wow, Wheels. You think you do know somebody. Didn't know this was a whipping forum. I was helping Muller with this project. He traded his pleasure boat to develop his sons in racing. First of all, Facts are Facts and Mullers account was real the deal. I was there threw the whole ordeal. (including Qutar). I live 5 miles from the guy and know he never wants hard feelings with anyone. I was in Florida to pick up the boat (twice) I was herd all the conversations and saw the Text. I was at his house when he drew up the papers for the exchange. In Florida you told us the boat was "Race Ready" Furthest thing from the truth. (My favorite part was the Starboard drive full of mud oil.) If it wasn't for the list of the outboard racing's finest people overseas, it would have been a total waste of time. As far as the Skater, you told me at my repair shop in N.J. it couldn't be repaired. Surprise, going in the lake today before its stored for the winter. A deal is a deal. I saw the pictures he sent you. I told Jay (as a person in the Automotive business to not trade back). As I said in the beginning, Muller wanted absolutely no issues with the deal. You got your repaired boat back. (the one you just traded for the Fountain and cash). I hope the defamation of character doesn't end you up in trouble legally

Last edited by chayden; 09-23-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to know how people are wealthy enough to be able to own these boats but can't spell or write a story with grammar or punctuation?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
I just want to know how people are wealthy enough to be able to own these boats but can't spell or write a story with grammar or punctuation?
Funny, I was thinking the same.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Both parties have told their versions of what transpired.

Thread closed.