New to me 26 scarab >

New to me 26 scarab

Notices

New to me 26 scarab

Old 09-25-2015, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 26 scarab

New to the form. I just saved this old girl. She has been sitting for awhile uncovered. The dash is bleached out no labeling on any switches, needs interior. Previous owner blew up the factory 502 and replaced it with a 454 MPI and never went in the water again. Getting ready for drain the fuel and get some mystery oil in the cylinders and try and fire her up. Any one have a close up picture of there dash? Will there be a huge difference in the performance between the 502 and 454? Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow what a shame. Depends what horsepower they replace it with. If it is a 385 hp it won't be that hateful probabl 4 -5mph on top end . I would try magic eraser on the bolster seats and panels. It is hard to tell in the pic if the vynil is just dirty or trashed
Old 09-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

give me your email and i can send you a pic with all the labelling
Old 09-26-2015, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,334 Likes on 283 Posts

Welcome aboard. Stinks that people leave their boats outside uncovered like that. Glad you came along to save it. Check the transom and stringers, I'm assuming they're wood on that model. I like the looks of that boat, will be sharp when you're done.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I notice you are missing at least one of the side vent covers. I have the same boat and was missing one too. There was somebody on here who gets those built. You can't buy them anywhere else. He is a great guy, hopefully he's still doing it. Do a little searching, if you can't find him let me know and I'll see if I can find him. My dash is custom made with Livorsy gauges. I have pictures of the Scarab on my Facebook page if you want to see them, I think my photos are all open to the public. I bought a bigger Fountain last year so my Scarab is up for sale. The Scarab 26 is a great boat. It actually rides smoother than my 32ft Fountain. The only reason I switched is for more space in the cuddy. https://www.facebook.com/jay.scholz
Old 02-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys. Here is where I'm at dcals stripped and cut the floor out

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-30-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered

Any more progress? I have a 98 and I'm right up the road in Baltimore lol