Shaft Mount rockers (Brands) >

Shaft Mount rockers (Brands)

Notices

Shaft Mount rockers (Brands)

Old 10-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts
Default Shaft Mount rockers (Brands)

So what is out there for shaft mounted rockers for a BBC Dart Pro 1's.
Jesel, T&D, Comp, Yella Terra, PRW and others??

I need to bite the bullet and buy 2 sets of shaft mounted rockers. After over 3yrs of trouble free boating spinning my engines at 5800-6000 RPM's for miles I finally got bit by my stud mounted rocker arms. I heard a lifter making a little tick and neglected to investigate. I had adjusted cylinder #3 earlier and I had gained 0.008" of lash. (0.015" total) I run solid lifters on my hydraulic cams @ 0.007" cold and 0.010" hot lash. After 3 days of "flogging" my engines up at Hot Boat I had a rocker get loose @ 5500 RPM and walk off the valve tip. This in turn bent my valve, broke my push rod guide and dinged up a piston. No big deal easy fix, but I need to buy some shaft mount rockers now.

I need ratio's of 1.8 IN and 1.75 EX. I see everyone is now moving to steel rockers vs aluminum. And who has the best pricing?

Thanks
Jason
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You might check out Crower Stainless
Old 10-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you considered running hyd roller lifters on your hydraulic roller cams?

My buddy had some engines in his boat that were built up in sw michigan. They had some reed hyd roller cams, with solid roller lifters. Ultimately, a similar thing happened. His polylock came loose, rocker backed off, pushrod bent up, and blew the head gasket. At that point, he rebuilt both engines, switched to some custom bullet hyd roller cams, crower hyd roller lifters , crower stainless stud mount rockers. Been running good now since 2010.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Rookie I assume that you plane on running at or over 6K on a regular basis? and have a decently stout cam profile.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Have you considered running hyd roller lifters on your hydraulic roller cams?
Nope, but I've heard that is been done before, lol

It was my neglect and I understand that I had a hand causing the problem. As stated earlier the engines have been trouble free for years. I know I need to get some shaft rockers because of the length of time and frequency I turn high RPM’s. I actually thought that I lost a cam lobe, but the cam looks excellent no signs of any wear.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by abones
Rookie I assume that you plane on running at or over 6K on a regular basis? and have a decently stout cam profile.
I planned on running 5800, but the boat just kept running stronger and stronger the more I messed with it. Actually the cam is kind of mild. I use to run a 252/264 solid cam and now I'm in the 235/240 range. Just an RV cam
Old 10-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I run a pretty stout hydraulic roller cam with Morel Lifters and Crower Pro Magnum 8560's on studs with a JOMAR stud girdle. I run up to 6k myself and typically well into the 5's even when cruising. I have almost 200 hours on them and they are still like new. With all the stories of broken parts I check my engine regularly.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
So what is out there for shaft mounted rockers for a BBC Dart Pro 1's.
Jesel, T&D, Comp, Yella Terra, PRW and others??

I need to bite the bullet and buy 2 sets of shaft mounted rockers. After over 3yrs of trouble free boating spinning my engines at 5800-6000 RPM's for miles I finally got bit by my stud mounted rocker arms. I heard a lifter making a little tick and neglected to investigate. I had adjusted cylinder #3 earlier and I had gained 0.008" of lash. (0.015" total) I run solid lifters on my hydraulic cams @ 0.007" cold and 0.010" hot lash. After 3 days of "flogging" my engines up at Hot Boat I had a rocker get loose @ 5500 RPM and walk off the valve tip. This in turn bent my valve, broke my push rod guide and dinged up a piston. No big deal easy fix, but I need to buy some shaft mount rockers now.

I need ratio's of 1.8 IN and 1.75 EX. I see everyone is now moving to steel rockers vs aluminum. And who has the best pricing?

Thanks
Jason
We have the same rocker ratios and use the Jessel shaft rockers. Our experience SpinTron testing was the 7/16" tapered heavy wall pushrod was the game changer for valve train stability/longevity. Unless you are racing, the shaft rockers are likely overkill.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Registered

TTT
So, I have been doing my due diligence and I have been looking at the these LGM shaft rockers. Apparently they are a good piece for reasonable money. Someone said that they were developed by Probe? And then sold to someone else. I have found out to stay away from the PRW and Speedmaster shaft rockers.
http://lgmrnd.com/index.php/header1/...ft-rocker-arms
Old 02-06-2016, 05:57 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Not that it matters, but I still like the Crower Stainless shaft rockers versus aluminum. Over kill or not, I think it's very rare to find a rocker just before it breaks, I would rather run the best I can find.

Last edited by GPM; 02-06-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.