Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best 33c cable?

Which is best?
Old 12-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know which cable is the best, but in my 25 years of boating we have never had any issues with the Morse Red cables for shifting or throttles.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Check out Teleflex also, Im sure there about all the same
Old 12-31-2015, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Just replaced cables earlier this year. Teleflex TFXtreme. Very good quality cable.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a big fan of the uflex Mach zero cables. Alittle pricey but seem to really hold up nice and seem to be slightly more flexible then the teleflex extemes, where my indicator panel is mounted it is an absolute b**** to get the cables bent properly and aligned and when I switched to the Mach zero they definitely flexed easier. If I only had 10 hands and 50 fingers to hold all of the pieces it would be cake lol.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree on the Uflex (Ultraflex). They are the best cables that I have ever used. They are more expensive but there is a reason. They have a SS jacket on them so it the outer covering gets cut, it won't rust like the Morse cables do. It also has a teflon liner inside for the core to ride in. THey will make incredibly tight bends and still be smooth as can be. I haven't found another cable that will do that. You can get that cable to make a 6" or less diameter circle and still work.
Eddie
Old 01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Morse is Teleflex inwhich is Sea Star solutions. The Extreme cables are good cables as well.

Contact Bill at Uflex as he can provide all the info you will ever need about their products. I do know him personally and talked to him about alot of their products over the years. On a side note he use to work for Wellcraft who knows alot about the marine industry overall.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I agree on the Uflex (Ultraflex). They are the best cables that I have ever used. They are more expensive but there is a reason. They have a SS jacket on them so it the outer covering gets cut, it won't rust like the Morse cables do. It also has a teflon liner inside for the core to ride in. THey will make incredibly tight bends and still be smooth as can be. I haven't found another cable that will do that. You can get that cable to make a 6" or less diameter circle and still work.
Eddie
Great info! I need to replace a broken cable on my Livorsi mech trim indicator. Perfect timing.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i was getting ready to buy all new cables myself. Are the trim/tab indicator cables the same type as the shift/throttles? I wasnt sure if they needed to be heavier duty since they are exterior.