yellow race boat in NH

Notices

yellow race boat in NH

Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yellow race boat in NH

just curious what became of this boat and wondering if anyone knows. it was mid to late 80s on rt1in new hampshire by seabury at used truck dealer was a yellow v bottom boat around 39 feet that had arnesons and had diesels at one time it sat on a wooden cradle anybody ever see it ?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I remember that boat well as I was living near there back when it first arrived. It was at Mel's Truck Sales (long gone) for years. It deteriorated badly as it was left uncovered for a very long time. It had fallen over and I believe the hull had a hole punched through it. Sad as it was obvious someone had spent a tremendous amout of money building it and it was very nice when it first arrived there (1988-89??)
Old 01-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Registered

Was this boat a bright yellow? Raised deck ?
I'd venture this was the same boat that was owned by Dr. Terry Bennett, who had a large collection of eclectic cars, bicycles, motorcycles and other stuff in Rochester, NH.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Was this boat a bright yellow? Raised deck ?
I'd venture this was the same boat that was owned by Dr. Terry Bennett, who had a large collection of eclectic cars, bicycles, motorcycles and other stuff in Rochester, NH.
i think it was the same boat
Old 01-16-2016, 07:49 AM
Registered

I looked at this boat when it was on Terry's property at home, still uncovered. It needed a ton of work! Of course with Terry there was a story with the boat . .. .something like this;

The boat was built in Florida for drug smuggling, built out of kevlar to be strong and lightweight with lots of space below. According to Terry, it was only run once for testing off Miami, and then the owners were arrested for their business dealings. He acquired the boat w/o engines after that.

There were no hull numbers on the stern, and as I recall it looked a bit like a Coyote from JC Simon.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Wonder what happened to it. He certainly didn't like to sell much. Looked at a couple of cars he had before he passed. Couldn't make a deal. They ended up being blacked listed by the Feds prior to the Estate sale a couple years ago. Definitely wasn't a boat on the property that I recall
Old 01-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
I looked at this boat when it was on Terry's property at home, still uncovered. It needed a ton of work! Of course with Terry there was a story with the boat . .. .something like this;

The boat was built in Florida for drug smuggling, built out of kevlar to be strong and lightweight with lots of space below. According to Terry, it was only run once for testing off Miami, and then the owners were arrested for their business dealings. He acquired the boat w/o engines after that.

There were no hull numbers on the stern, and as I recall it looked a bit like a Coyote from JC Simon.
because if you are building a drug smuggling boat you want it bright yellow!
Old 01-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

any photos of this boat?