Trim Ram drift while outdrive is removed >

Trim Ram drift while outdrive is removed

Notices

Trim Ram drift while outdrive is removed

Old 02-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Trim Ram drift while outdrive is removed

I removed my outdrive the other weekend when I pulled the engine. I slid the trim ram bolt and bushings, washers, etc. back into the trim ram eyelets at the ends. Yesterday, when I went to recover the boat after pressure washing the engine bay, I noticed that the port side trim ram has retracted about an 1.5" and the starboard has remained in position or vise versa (not sure of which one moved). There is no batteries in the boat. Any ideas of what would cause this? Thanks!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by distantthunder
I removed my outdrive the other weekend when I pulled the engine. I slid the trim ram bolt and bushings, washers, etc. back into the trim ram eyelets at the ends. Yesterday, when I went to recover the boat after pressure washing the engine bay, I noticed that the port side trim ram has retracted about an 1.5" and the starboard has remained in position or vise versa (not sure of which one moved). There is no batteries in the boat. Any ideas of what would cause this? Thanks!
It's not a big deal, just the pressure equalizing in each one, with no weight on them.
It's normal.
You can easily adjust them back to 'matching' when you go to reinstall the drive. Just let the weight of the drive rest on the 'longer' one once you put the bolt in, until it pushes inward a bit to match the 'shorter' one.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It's not a big deal, just the pressure equalizing in each one, with no weight on them.
It's normal.
You can easily adjust them back to 'matching' when you go to reinstall the drive. Just let the weight of the drive rest on the 'longer' one once you put the bolt in, until it pushes inward a bit to match the 'shorter' one.
OK, Thanks for the input! Phew, I thought it was odd and wanted to check with others before putting it all back together. Getting close to my boat budget for this year and didn't want to get more parts.