twin bolster in 33 avs??

Notices

twin bolster in 33 avs??

Old 03-14-2016, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default twin bolster in 33 avs??

6'3" tall, my knees are jammed into dash on my 33 avs, going to have upholstery shop move back and reupholster my power drop down bolsters, I have always liked twin bolsters like the black thunders have and my woman would love it. I wonder how bad it would screw up balance of boat plus access to cabin, IF it was a few inches further back then stock cabin entry might be ok? Anyone seen a scarab with twin bolsters seat?
Old 03-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
6'3" tall, my knees are jammed into dash on my 33 avs, going to have upholstery shop move back and reupholster my power drop down bolsters, I have always liked twin bolsters like the black thunders have and my woman would love it. I wonder how bad it would screw up balance of boat plus access to cabin, IF it was a few inches further back then stock cabin entry might be ok? Anyone seen a scarab with twin bolsters seat?

My Scarab is older than yours ('79 30 foot), but I have the twin bolsters and think it's a great set up. You can see while running mine didn't affect the port/starboard balance. Cabin access is tighter, but doesn't bother my family any. I also have a 26 Chris Craft Scorpion with the more traditional lay out. I like both lay outs; but the twin bolsters sure feels like more of a race set up.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

The 33 avs is pretty well balanced and not overly sensitive to weight shifts, at least while in the water. Hard to say what CG changes might do if you are running when the boat is not planted though?

Have you considered moving the bolsters back in their current configuration and adding a removable center section, kind of like OL and AT do, although theirs are alongside?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my question has always been what happens when you are out with the guys . Just think I would feel like I was dating the guy next to me. Some how its alright to have a threesome in a triple race set up but a double with 2 dudes standing next to each other looks weird and I would have to think it will hurt resale down the road because it will only appeal to some. JMO