Notices

2015 /2016 FORD transit van

Old 03-17-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2015 /2016 FORD transit van

My work van is dying - I am looking at the new Ford van.
What if any bad things should I be aware of with this van? Getting the standard V6 engine, low roof 130 inch wheel base. That is more than I need.
Thanks
Steve
Old 03-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

My buddy has a high top 3500 with the diesel and he loves it. He had a 6.7 crew cab that was a shop monster, then a Mercedes high top van which got expensive out of warranty and he said the new Ford Van is a better option than the first two vehicles he had.
Another buddy rented one back in January to attend a trade show and said it rode nice and had a ton of room in it (compared to the old vans).

I will say they aren't real good looking!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Test drove a New Chevy van today and like it a LOT better. Has a lot better ride, front seat was more comfortable and I didn't have to reach for the steering wheel. ( and yes I had it all the way down and extended out ) I am 5' 10" and I had to put the seat way forward so I didn't have to sit straight up to comfortably hold the wheel.
Price is about the same also.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Have you driven the promaster? Front wheel drive may have its benifits.

I've driven A LOT of new transit vans and I'm starting to get used to them. The Eco boost 6 is really peppy and almost fun! They seem like decent units, but all these new vans are wierd for sure.

The only ones I don't like are the Nissan NV....but the new Cummins Titan blew me away but thats a different topic
Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Have you driven the promaster? Front wheel drive may have its benifits.

I've driven A LOT of new transit vans and I'm starting to get used to them. The Eco boost 6 is really peppy and almost fun! They seem like decent units, but all these new vans are wierd for sure.

The only ones I don't like are the Nissan NV....but the new Cummins Titan blew me away but thats a different topic
I think the promaster is a joke, that is car stuff stuck inside a box and calling it 3500...3500lbs they can haul ?? driven several of the fords and they seem pretty decent...miles ahead of their old stuff, the GMs do ride and drive great as well.