engine gurus little help  please >

engine gurus little help please

Notices

engine gurus little help please

Old 04-13-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default engine gurus little help please

pfaffs have made the swap to the cig , my question is this .. existing fuel system running holley electric pumps .. pfaffs are running mechanical belt driven pumps with upgraded eikert high volume pumps ..with fuel pressure regs at the carbs . installers installed existing fuel feeds to the intake port that feeds the mechanical pump , my old 27 fountain way back when was similar except it was fed after the the mechanical punp off a fuel log type , from tegue . am I good feeding the pump directly or do I need to re confiqure . thanks please sun gods shine down on us ..
Old 04-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not an expert by no means on this but the tech library on Teagues site recommends the electric pump go to a manifold after the mechanical pump. http://teaguecustommarine.com//media...l_manifold.pdf
Old 04-14-2016, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

With those mechanical pumps you have Rob, I wouldn't even mess with those electric pump setups in the system. The mechanicals should support the power you have easily, as long as the lines going to them, are sized and plumbed right.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

that's what I thought guys . looks like a lot of re plumbing again thanks rob .
Old 04-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
With those mechanical pumps you have Rob, I wouldn't even mess with those electric pump setups in the system. The mechanicals should support the power you have easily, as long as the lines going to them, are sized and plumbed right.
you seen a pic of my disaster fuel system lol
Old 04-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
pfaffs have made the swap to the cig , my question is this .. existing fuel system running holley electric pumps .. pfaffs are running mechanical belt driven pumps with upgraded eikert high volume pumps ..with fuel pressure regs at the carbs . installers installed existing fuel feeds to the intake port that feeds the mechanical pump , my old 27 fountain way back when was similar except it was fed after the the mechanical punp off a fuel log type , from tegue . am I good feeding the pump directly or do I need to re confiqure . thanks please sun gods shine down on us ..
Rob,
If the mechanical pump is a gear or vane pump, sometimes they will not prime after setting a while. A single electric boost pump will prime mechanical if it goes dry. It should not be plumbed in series with mechanical but "T" in with a check valve. Your Cigarette has enough tank fittings to accomplish this task. Your fuel filters can be used as pre filter for prime if you have 4 ports on them...