High Speed Fishing On The Gulf! >

High Speed Fishing On The Gulf!

Notices

High Speed Fishing On The Gulf!

Old 05-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High Speed Fishing On The Gulf!

Capt. Dave Singletary has been fishing the Gulf of Mexico since his childhood. He has been professionally involved in the fishing and hunting industry for more than 20 years. In 1995 he founded the Dixie Sportsman's Hunting Lodge. The largest African Game Preserve in the southeastern United States and the first commercial outdoor operation to offer hunting for handicapped and terminally ill children.

Today, he owns and operates Rock'n Reef Sportfishing Charters, located just off the causeway in Dunedin, Florida. Dave contributes the success of his charter business to his life-long knowledge of the location and habits of the many species of game fish found in the Gulf of Mexico.

His boat of choice is a Sunsation 34CCX equipped with triple 300HP Verados. "Depending on the season, we sometimes have to go offshore up to 100 miles to where the fish are." says Dave. " More time should be spent fishing rather than driving. The boat cruises at 50 mph with a top speed of 75. We are the one fastest fishing boats in the Gulf!"

While Sunsation's CCX center consoles are built primarily for the high-performance and luxury center console enthusiast, it easily functions as a fishing machine. "The layout of the boat is perfect for several people fishing simultaneously." Dave continues, "I bought the demo on display at the 2015 Miami Boat Show from Mindi Doller. I've known Mindi and her team at Doller Offshore in Hollywood, Florida for many years and took her suggestion to look at the Sunsation. I was impressed after the first few minutes of the test ride.

To make the boat fully functional for a commercial charter service, I rigged it with an 8 tube rocket launcher, installed rod holders in the gunnels and easily modified two of the larger under deck storage compartments into fish lockers and converted one of the built in coolers into a functioning live well with macerator."

Capt. Dave's alter ego in his younger days was as the drummer for the heavy metal rock band, Mr. Hyde. A group that toured and opened for many of the super metal groups of the day, including Metallica, Skid Row & Ratt. It was an experience that allowed him to develop friendships over the years with many celebrities and popular sports personalities. Clients that can be discerning at best. " My customers love the action of the chase and they like to do it in style." says Dave. " They are surprised and impressed that a fishing boat comes equipped with all the luxury appointments of the Sunsation. The extra large, air conditioned cabin with lavatory, head, large screen TV and stereo system fit for a rock star, make for an easy and fun day on the water."

This isn't Dave's "first fishing rodeo", as he has owned other fishing center consoles in the past. "None of my previous boats can compare with the 34CCX.", comments Dave, " and I've tested virtually every major brand on the market. While some of the more well known brands like Yellow Fin and Hydrosports are great fishing boats, none matched the speed, handling or fuel mileage of the 34CCX. Rock'n Reef Charters is my business and providing my clients an exceptional offshore experience is my mission. Sunsation's 34CCX is my most important tool."