Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Looking to source replacement "U" channel for Myco trailer >

Looking to source replacement "U" channel for Myco trailer

Notices

Looking to source replacement "U" channel for Myco trailer

Old 08-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking to source replacement "U" channel for Myco trailer

If anyone knows where to source the "U" channel that Myco uses for their trailers please let me know.

Channel dimensions are 8" cold rolled steel channel with ~2.5" webbing about 3/16 to 1/4" thick.

Need 3- 6' lengths.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Myco is usually pretty much on top of the game when it comes to customer service in the trailer business. Did you talk to them directly?

I just had a 1977 Lincoln bumper shipped via FedEx. I think you should be able to get these shipped, or worst case use Greyhound shipping.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Myco was my first phone call when I was looking for parts.

The original person I talked to was getting the parts list together over the course of a couple of days of e-mails. When I called back I had the pleasure of having to talk to one of the owners of the company who basically told me to pound sand. Let's just say his demeanor on the phone is more than a little rough around the edges. Not only towards customers, but how he referred to his employees. Hostile work environment comes to mind.

Up to this point I have been a fan of Myco. But in the business world there is a saying- "‘It takes years to win a customer and only seconds to lose one". He totally lost me at that point. No matter how many options I asked about to help me, all he could be was a tool bag towards me (he did state that he was too busy). Ok I just need the parts on the parts list. Money wasn't an option and I made that clear; didn't matter if they did the work or I bought the parts, his attitude was the same, go pound sand.

Note to Myco:

When your contract with the government expires and you start looking for business from the private sector to keep your doors open don't come crying to me, just go pound sand buddy. My next trailer will be a Manning. I will never recommend you to anybody.

Last edited by mike38scarab; 08-01-2016 at 08:35 PM.