quick fuel carbs >

quick fuel carbs

Notices

quick fuel carbs

Old 10-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default quick fuel carbs

After having great success with these carbs and their tech support, called them this week to discuss a carb recomendation on another project, was on hold forever and kept hearing Holley ads. When finally talked to tech guy, ask him about the holley deal and was told they had bought them a while back.
now I called the "quickfuel tech line" and now get holley, was told that only kept one quickfuel tech, and he was not there, and this guy had no clue on a quickfuel carb, WTF ??? so I guess they are circling the drain for now, so holley now has demon and quickfuel with no support...
Old 10-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The entire aftermarket is going to hell.

It's a race to the bottom fueled by offshore competition.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:26 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Having recently purchased Quick Fuels and Pro Systems in the past I'd still go with the Quick Fuels. Is Bo Laws still any good?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:27 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

My brother bought a new Quick Fuel 950, put it on a fresh 468 BBC, ran it on the dyno 2 days ago couldn't get the A/F ratios between sides closer than 1.5 difference. Tried an older used Holley the ratios were within .2 side to side. Called the Tech, first he tried to blame the Edelbrock RPM manifold, then he said he had no clue, didn't offer to check it out, totally useless. Not a good first experience with Quick Fuel.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

It seems like any decent Holley tech could be up to speed on the QFs within the span of a lunch hour.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems the knowledge base of running carbs is becoming harder and harder. I run both Holleys and Quick Fuels. I love my quick fuels but never had the need to call tech. I just go straight to Nickerson Carbs for any problems.

*** I can't stand demons. Had nothing problems.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a quick fuel blow thru a while back, with their tech help had it dialed in very quick, so now pissed about this, could be believe what they guy told me...wanted to ask why the hell are you on the quickfuel phone tech !!!!!
Old 10-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

My advice would be to find as much information on how to tune for your self. There is a lot of information out there. The big name carb guy's can get them some what close but that's about it.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:04 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
After having great success with these carbs and their tech support, called them this week to discuss a carb recomendation on another project, was on hold forever and kept hearing Holley ads. When finally talked to tech guy, ask him about the holley deal and was told they had bought them a while back.
now I called the "quickfuel tech line" and now get holley, was told that only kept one quickfuel tech, and he was not there, and this guy had no clue on a quickfuel carb, WTF ??? so I guess they are circling the drain for now, so holley now has demon and quickfuel with no support...
I mentioned this here the other week. QF was bought by Holley a few years back, but the bigger thing was that several of the QF guys where just let go or left.

People responded it was no big deal as they are the same company but owned by a larger.

Well,maybe your thread will make people believe.

Originally Posted by SB;09-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Did you guys know Holley bought out Quick Fuel and Barry Grant ?

BG was long time ago. Quick Fuel was about 2 yrs ago. I guess the main people of QF just left Holley a week or two or so ago.

Last edited by SB; 10-11-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:06 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Having recently purchased Quick Fuels and Pro Systems in the past I'd still go with the Quick Fuels. Is Bo Laws still any good?
BLP is bigger than ever. Many carb builders use their parts.

http://blp.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.