Beware of smiths in Joplin >

Beware of smiths in Joplin

Notices

Beware of smiths in Joplin

Old 10-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware of smiths in Joplin

I guess I should of known once Brad passed away that it was not the same shop. Was not real axcited about taking drive into the shop after Brad smith left this earth but after several assuarances from Brads father bob that he could handle the repairs and since bob owed me $1500 for a Paxton supercharger I had given him on consignment a year earlier I thought I would give it a try. Bad mistake. After stories and more stories of parts ordered and be done in a few days. I was finally told bob left for Florida and has not return almost two months later. Calls to bobs cell phone remain unanswered but phone is still active. This coming from a worker that said nothing had been done or ordered and it was dumped in his lap. So now I guess I have to figure out if it's just bad business or a scam to make money off a great engine builders name. I'm going to warn all I can. I wish someone would have warned me.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. We all sure do miss Brad. Maybe his Dad has suffered an emotional setback over his loss? Hopefully your situation gets rectified soon.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Registered

I guess I was blinded by brads knowledge and just assumed stuff like that rubbed off on his workers and others he worked with. But that clearly didn't happen here. After revealing my experience with a few other websites, it turns out that they are also operating under a different name because word was already spreading of shady deals. I guess I should have asked around like I would with any new business I was going to take boat too.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad. I got corn holed by him also....Will not take anything there again.. EVER.....
Old 11-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

with there being fewer Brad smiths in this world and more crooks and liars. I'm about ready to give up boating. There is just not enough honest performance engine builders in the Midwest. Brad smith was last one. Now all you got is liars and cheats.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Brad & Bob built my 540's custom tuned and dyno'd by Brad, yes Smith power was gone when Brad passed, but to the west of you in OKCity is Boyd's and they do great work from what Im told.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on Boyds, they built drag boat motors for me back in the day. Jim Lee has used them for years, very straight up bunch.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

I forgot about Boyd's. Never heard any negative about them. Went to brads old shop yesterday and turned out to be just a shell business. They never ordered any parts because they didn't have any money. I was able to get my old parts back. They had already sold my blower and spent the money. Ashamed how quick a business can be ruined. I have heard they are calling the business different names but everyone should be warned. This was not a engine deal that went bad. This was a scam from the beginning.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Registered

Default Still ripping people off as I type

seen in another web site where smiths in Joplin is still trying to steal people’s money. Everyone beware. Brad smith is gone.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

RIP my Friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.