604ci Nortech motors >

604ci Nortech motors

Notices

604ci Nortech motors

Old 01-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 604ci Nortech motors

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows much on these motors. I was told they are 1000hp.

Motors are 604CID Nor-Tech 1000's GM Tool room bow tie blocks crower cranks 4.625 crower rods 6.535 Je coated Pistons bullet hydraulic roller cams morel hydraulic roller lifters Brodix heads t&d shaft rockers billet oil pump Keith black gear drives fluid damp balancers the blowershop 14-71 billet case blowers & intercoolers everything used was the best money could buy.

I'm wondering if I could pull the blowers and run single plane intakes and dominators and still make decent reliable hp/tq. I don't really want to get into tearing them down and changing things. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

It's not uncommon to run same cam for blower / NA. If you could somehow get the cam specs that would help us determine as to weather or not you'd be ok. Example myself and others are using 1075 sci cam in NA builds from 540-565 CI. However with that said though you need to bump the compression to more than likely make them work but again if somebody has a clue of what static comp is as well as cam specs. I just have a feeling with the size of the blowers and CI you have the comp is probably close to 8:1. Not the end of the sorld. Guys do NA builds with low comp dish Pistons with intent of SC or procharger later on and engines still make good power. Ask tinkerer about his 598. Good example right there.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Registered

An sv-565 or sv-632 with a 1250 dom would be a decent combo.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Registered

Whatchu gonna do with the 14-71
Old 01-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Whatchu gonna do with the 14-71
They will be for sale if I get the motors
Old 01-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Kichler
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows much on these motors. I was told they are 1000hp.

Motors are 604CID Nor-Tech 1000's GM Tool room bow tie blocks crower cranks 4.625 crower rods 6.535 Je coated Pistons bullet hydraulic roller cams morel hydraulic roller lifters Brodix heads t&d shaft rockers billet oil pump Keith black gear drives fluid damp balancers the blowershop 14-71 billet case blowers & intercoolers everything used was the best money could buy.

I'm wondering if I could pull the blowers and run single plane intakes and dominators and still make decent reliable hp/tq. I don't really want to get into tearing them down and changing things. Any input would be appreciated.
Why would you sell superchargers that are made for those long blocks? Forced induction works extremely well in the marine world if you want performance. They are reliable if built by the right marine engine builder and you take care of them. Why disrupt the formula the motors were built for?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SecondWind
Why would you sell superchargers that are made for those long blocks? Forced induction works extremely well in the marine world if you want performance. They are reliable if built by the right marine engine builder and you take care of them. Why disrupt the formula the motors were built for?
Good point just not OP's question. Unless OP is new the hobby I'm sure he's got something in mind. Could be got killer deal on engines and could sell this that and the other stuff and would pay for his engines. Just a guess but yes I do understand your post but evidently OP wants no part of SC's.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SecondWind
Just finish talking with Daryl hameetman of HRE engines who built the motors. He said just pulling the blowers and installing intakes and carbs the motors will make 725-750hp no problem. Doesn't that sound good?
Old 01-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kichler
Just finish talking with Daryl hameetman of HRE engines who built the motors. He said just pulling the blowers and installing intakes and carbs the motors will make 725-750hp no problem. Doesn't that sound good?
its what I told ya to do 2 months ago Kyle!!! what are you waiting for?? pull the trigger!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Sounds like a nice reliable package especially if you like to run a boat like I do. Not a lot of sand baring, rafting off or bar hopping from port to port. I use to put on more miles/hrs in a weekend or two than most would put on all season. Not that the above isn't fun but we have an extremely short season. You'd spend as much time fueling as you would boating. Lol. Your call..