Edelbrock EFI fuel pumps >

Edelbrock EFI fuel pumps

Notices

Edelbrock EFI fuel pumps

Old 02-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock EFI fuel pumps

Thinking of getting rid of the VST and installing EFI fuel pumps with returns to the tank. Bone stock 502 Mags. The reason I'm steering towards the Edelbrock pumps (3594) is the NPT fittings and cost. Just wondering if anybody else is running them. Or any pump under $200 that has NPT fittings on both ends and is reliable. Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Lots of VST info. Here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...m-502-mpi.html

There's also a new thread concerning intank pumps.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by speedjunky 123
Thinking of getting rid of the VST and installing EFI fuel pumps with returns to the tank. Bone stock 502 Mags. The reason I'm steering towards the Edelbrock pumps (3594) is the NPT fittings and cost. Just wondering if anybody else is running them. Or any pump under $200 that has NPT fittings on both ends and is reliable. Thanks
You can keep the pump in the VST and still return to the tank, thus eliminating the chance of vapor lock.
Eddie
Old 02-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You can keep the pump in the VST and still return to the tank, thus eliminating the chance of vapor lock.
Eddie
I did that on a boat that came thru here a couple of years back using the merc pressure adapter on the return line, pulled the core and slide and ran a line back to the tank, Seemed to do the trick so we kept it in place. What I was thinking here, was if I'm climbing over the engines to run lines, why not just scrap out the pump and install a inline one. Use a Holley fine micron filter to union the supply lines on the motor, and keep it simple.

As for the in-tank set up, I thought the Holley module was pretty slick until I started to think about it. Pulling the modules (and floor pan) to change the filters is a step backwards in my quest for to simplify. I like the spin-on filters, they will catch a lot of crap. I like the idea of the crap being outside the tank.

Does anybody know off hand what the micron mesh of the last chance filters in the nozzles?