Have trim switch question??? >

Have trim switch question???

Notices

Have trim switch question???

Old 03-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Have trim switch question???

So I recent purchased a 33 Outlaw the end of last season. Had the boat fully surveyed and inspected prior to purchase due to time of season and not being able to do sea trial. Everything came came back perfect in report. I stared getting things ready for upcoming season and serviced the outdrives. After I replace the drive oil I like to run the outdrives up and down a few times before topping off trim bottles inside the engine compartment. I noticed when I use the "both" and individual trim switches on dash everything works as it supposed to. But what I did notice is the when I used the trim switch on the throttle it only moves the starboard side drive up and down. Wondering if that is the way it's supposed to be or if there is something wrong? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in andvace!!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the trim limit sensor on the gimbal ring is the issue. I had the same issue on mine but just bypassed the limit switch.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Registered

How did I bypass the limit switch and if I do that will both drives operate correctly off throttle switch?
Old 03-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

One of the wires came off or has a bad connection. It will most likely be a red wire that connects to the port dash switch.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Registered

Hi Griff, so that wire runs from the switch on the throttle to the factory switch on the dash? It doesn't run to the back of the boat?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtb_05
Hi Griff, so that wire runs from the switch on the throttle to the factory switch on the dash? It doesn't run to the back of the boat?
Correct. It is wired into the dash switches with a diode kit.

The green wires are for down. The blue wires for up. The red wires give power.
Since you have neither up or down, I would say a red wire connection is most likely causing an issue.

Another thought.........Are both batteries turned on and charged????
I had a similar issue when I first got my boat. It turned out my batteries were wired differently then I thought and I needed to have the battery switches in different positions.
I was double charging one battery and the other was completely run down. Each battery supplied power to one side only.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:42 AM
Registered

Thanks a lot for the advice Griff. I will check everything out this weekend that you've suggested and see what I come up with and I'll let you know. Much appreciated!!